Re: Sims 3 won't open: Alder Lake (Intel 12th-gen) CPU

by LazyDuchess

Original Post

Re: Sims sends me back to origin after pressing play

★★★ Newbie

ha, thank you. Process Lasso did it. I appreciate it

Message 251 of 1,378 (44,302 Views)

Re: Sims 3 launcher wont start

@Akhna Could you post a screenshot of how you did it with process lasso? im pretty tech savvy so dont mind using it, just cant figure it out lol

Message 252 of 1,378 (44,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey there!

I hope it's okay for me to share this here.

I've been trying to find a good solution for this, and I came up with a little patcher that should work around the issue without you having to use a Powershell or third party apps to run the game (Click on "AlderLakePatch.zip" to download):

https://github.com/LazyDuchess/AlderLakePatcher/releases

It's completely open source.

I'm hoping this method actually solves the issue with the added benefit of not needing a custom launcher or third party app, but I'm not able to test it as I don't own affected hardware. All you have to do is extract the .zip, launch the patcher and locate your TS3.exe if you're on 1.69 or TS3W.exe if you're on 1.67, it should then patch the game and make a backup for you.

As puzzlezaddict mentioned earlier, you can find your game's executables on the program files folder:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Let me know if this actually works, the issue is complicated to get around due to how early in the game's execution it happens.

Message 253 of 1,378 (44,270 Views)

Re: Sims 3 launcher wont start

★★★★ Novice
@8203bd0fa1da6e890f64cc5ae0405ff1 I followed the instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...
Message 254 of 1,378 (44,263 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LazyDuchess Hi so just to be clear, I'm extracting the contents of your zip to the Bin folder and then just starting up the exe? I'm not sure what you mean by "launch the patcher". Thanks! I do appreciate that you're trying to figure this out Standard smile
Message 255 of 1,378 (44,240 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Akhna Hi!

You don't actually need to extract the zip to the Bin folder, you can extract it anywhere. By patcher I mean the "AlderLakePatch.exe" executable inside of the .zip.

When you execute it it will ask you to "Locate the executable you wish to patch", from that window you have to look for your TS3.exe/TS3W.exe.

Once that's done you can get rid of the patcher if you want, the game should then work fine on its own.

Message 256 of 1,378 (44,235 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LazyDuchess Ok I was looking at the zip posted the other day instead of yours lol, my fault. Bad news though, it just says "Failed to patch executable".
Message 257 of 1,378 (44,225 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Akhna Ah, that's my bad, I forgot a couple of files. I just updated the download, should be fixed now!
Message 258 of 1,378 (44,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LazyDuchess It worked! It really is kind of you to do this, especially when you're not even affected by it Standard smile Reminds me of way back when, Sims 2 had a major gamebreaking bug and MTS had a fix up for it well before anything official was released. Seriously, thank you so much!
Message 259 of 1,378 (44,203 Views)

Re: Sims 3 crashing after launcher

★★ Novice

Hello, how do you use lasso process to limit the core?

Message 260 of 1,378 (44,183 Views)