Re: Sims 3 launcher wont start

by Akhna

Original Post

yes i get the same thing. script, then launcher. then when i clicl play i get the error

Message 241 of 1,380 (688 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Won't Launch

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict i also figured that would be the reason for it, and the edited powershell script works! how or where would i go about posting this fix for others looking for help with medieval? of course all the credit goes to Miaa245 for creating it and you for telling me how to not bork it haha 

thanks again for all your help with my beloved games!

Message 242 of 1,380 (652 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Won't Launch

@hgeary15  Sims Medieval questions go in the Other Sims Games forum:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/bd-p/other-sims-games-en

I personally think it would be useful to have this info stickied for visibility purposes, but I also don't manage that forum in any way, so I wouldn't be the right person to make the call.  (And there are already a lot of stickied threads.)  So what I'd suggest is that you just post the info, that is if you want to, and I'll ask one of the CMs with a presence there how they think your post should be incorporated.  It might take a few days to get a reply because of the Memorial Day holiday.

I don't know if you ever post on the official Sims forums, but if you're a full (not new) member, you could also post here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-medieval-general-discussion-

New members can't start their own threads though, a restriction left over from a few years ago when the site had some serious issues with spam.

As for other non-EA sites, I wouldn't have any idea.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 243 of 1,380 (644 Views)

[ Edited ]

@8203bd0fa1da6e890f64cc5ae0405ff1 @hgeary15 @chez5551 @BeekyD2001 @wiry961 and anyone else with this issue who's still reading along:

Edit:  The suggestion I posted here didn't help, but this one does:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Message 244 of 1,380 (603 Views)

No luck with those either unfortunately Frown

Message 245 of 1,380 (592 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Doesn't work for me either unfortunately.
Message 246 of 1,380 (572 Views)

@8203bd0fa1da6e890f64cc5ae0405ff1 and @Akhna  Thanks for trying.  If there's something else available, I'll post again.

@Akhna  Did either of the other workarounds (the PowerShell script or using Process Lasso) work for you?

Message 247 of 1,380 (536 Views)

Re: Sims sends me back to origin after pressing play

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am experiencing the same thing. I have a new install of Sims 3. Initially, I tried it with Steam and realized it wasn't working there, and through researching and troubleshooting, I installed Origin and installed TS3 that way. I've verified the files, run a repair. I have tried reinstalling DX9, although it appears I may still be stuck with 12? I'm not sure how to rectify that and if that is causing the issue. I have reinstalled/toggled on/off .NET as instructed in other posts, reinstalled 2005 x86, restarted and/or shut down/booted up my computer between each attempt, and every time is the same.

I have also attempted the manual install of DX9, and running the TS3 script. When I run the script, it seems the launcher goes to running in the background, but the game never launches. 

I'm really at a loss, and would love to play. I suppose if all else fails, I get a refund and try TS4, but I would prefer to get this working. Any guidance would be immensely appreciated.

DXdiag attached.

Message 248 of 1,380 (550 Views)

Re: Sims sends me back to origin after pressing play

@sweetlilcapo  When you say you ran the PowerShell script, did you do it in this specific way?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

You definitely have the 12th-gen Intel processor issue, both because of your CPU model and because of the errors in your dxdiag.  If the script doesn't help, try using Process Lasso to limit the game to one CPU core; you can close PL once a save has loaded.

Message 249 of 1,380 (542 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I did get it to run with Process Lasso but honestly I have no idea how that software works/what all it does and I'm not really comfortable running some 3rd party software I don't fully understand. So, it does work that way but I'm just choosing not to use it for now until I can learn more about it.
Message 250 of 1,380 (525 Views)