Re: Sims 3 crashing after launcher

by hgeary15

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@AliSlytherin Thank you! I swear I read through this whole thread but somehow I missed that entirely. Wink
Message 201 of 1,349 (944 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hello! i'm sorry if this is not where i should post this, but i am DESPERATE. i just bought a brand new msi vector gp76 for the specific purpose of playing sims games, ts3 being pretty much my favorite of all time. 

my issue is that origin opens the launcher just fine. everything seems fine, even up to installing sims3packs. the problem: as soon as i click the play button, the launcher disappears, seemingly crashes immediately, and origin pops back up with the play button orange again. this is the message i get when i ask reliability monitor for technical details on the event:

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TS3.exe
Application Version: 0.2.0.32
Application Timestamp: 568d4bac
Fault Module Name: TS3.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.32
Fault Module Timestamp: 568d4bac
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 005511f2
OS Version: 10.0.22000.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5c0c
Additional Information 2: 5c0c23d75afb1c4e336215c5d9c2d9b0
Additional Information 3: 4c8e
Additional Information 4: 4c8ea62b386b0f947c83d2d22f4395a3

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: de06a40f97a119edbeae1d57e90e5626 (2210736730494883366)

i have tried absolutely everything found in this thread and many others. and when i say everything i mean EVERYTHING (uninstalling and reinstalling origin, sims 3, and all its packs, manually installing directx 9, updating drivers, reinstalling visual c++, and many other things). at this point i MUST be doing something wrong and for the life of me i cannot figure out what it is. i was able to run sims 3 with literally all of its packs, ALL the store content, and approximately 10gb of cc with a surprisingly small amount of lag on my last laptop that is in pretty bad shape. it can barely even cool itself anymore, its mind-boggling!

if anyone can help me, PLEASE. i have cried actual tears of frustration over this. i have also attached my dxdiag file!

thank you!

Message 202 of 1,349 (833 Views)

@hgeary15  You have a particular issue with its own thread, so I've moved your post to that thread.  Specifically, it's your processor: Sims 3 doesn't load properly on 12th-gen Alder Lake CPUs. You have a couple options here. You can try using this PowerShell script another user posted:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Or you can use Process Lasso to limit the game to one CPU core while it's loading. You'll want to close Process Lasso once you have a save loaded for better performance.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 203 of 1,349 (815 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you SO much @puzzlezaddict ! i knew i had to have made a mistake, and i did. your redirection made me realize i had to replace the text in the powershell script i tried. i must have accidentally added a space somewhere or messed it up some other way!

my game is running beautifully and i am SO incredibly grateful to you!

you are an absolute angel helping us all with our games, i hope your bedroom is always at the exact right temperature every time you lay down to sleep Heart

Message 204 of 1,349 (774 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED!!!!

Message 205 of 1,349 (713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so so so much <3 

Message 206 of 1,349 (602 Views)

Re: sims 3 not launching

★★★ Newbie

just upgraded to a new pc with windows 11 and sims 3 will not launch.   help please!

Message 207 of 1,349 (477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @puzzlezaddict , thank you so much for your detailed replies and consistent help with everyone's game issues. I've read most of this topic (maybe 18 pages of the 21) in efforts to fix my issue as well, but so far, I haven't been successful. 

I bought a new gaming PC just to play TS3, and it's on Windows 10. My Origin launcher opens, followed by the TS3 launcher, and after clicking 'play', nothing happens. I have been monitoring the Cache files (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3) and noticed that there's "xcpt" error files generated immediately after I hit 'play.' Things I've tried so far:

• Extract and install DirectX9 as you instructed (twice. First to Desktop, then second to Program Files)
  • Uninstall and reinstall .NET Framework 3.5
  • Installed / Updated new drivers etc.
  • Checking Reliability Monitor (all the errors have been recorded as APPCRASH)
  • Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
  • Clearing the cache of Origins
  • Uninstall TS3 and Origin with Revo
  • Reinstall both TS3 and Origin
  • Disabled WindowsDefender/antivirus

With several restarts between each step, as you suggested. I doubt it's a 'merge account issue' since I don't remember ever having 2 accounts, but then it's also been years since I bought the Origin game codes - 2014. So I'm not ruling out the possibility if you think it might be that. I can still play the game on my older laptop, so I suspect it's a computer issue rather than Origin. 

Anyway. I'm attaching my DxDiag and the latest report from the Reliability Monitor - I hope these help, and really appreciate you looking into this for me!

Message 208 of 1,349 (467 Views)

@Kn1ghtmare1985 and @dfoong  I've moved your posts to the master thread for your particular issue, which is an incompatibility between the game and your processor.  Sims 3 doesn't load properly on 12th-gen Alder Lake CPUs, but you do have a couple options here.  You can try using this PowerShell script another user posted:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Or you can use Process Lasso to limit the game to one CPU core while it's loading.  You'll want to close Process Lasso once you have a save loaded for better performance.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 209 of 1,349 (458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so, so much, @puzzlezaddict and @Miaa245 ! Heart The PowerShell script from Miaa worked beautifully. I actually started crying when the game loaded, I was so grateful and happy. The Sims franchises have been a huge part of my life and are still really important to me, so thank you from the bottom of my heart. You guys deserve THE WORLD for your effort, time, and kindness, wish I could pay it back!! Hopefully I won't have to post here with problems anytime soon, but I'll keep the Alder Lake issue in mind when I install Sims 2 later.

Message 210 of 1,349 (431 Views)