Re: Sims 3 crashing after launcher

by figimi

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher not working

★★★ Novice
@Fuchie how do you run the scrip
Message 51 of 1,378 (8,612 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher not working

Just to clarify for anyone who might want to help, @gracieandholly doesn't have an Alder Lake CPU.  We're working on the separate issue in a separate thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 52 of 1,378 (8,606 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, @Miaa245 , thank you so much for the script, it works! I'm probably being dumb but how do I get it back to using all of my CPU cores after the game is launched? It's too laggy for me to play at the moment.

Message 53 of 1,378 (8,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@x-Sakaeru-xWell >_< the script is supposed to activate all the processors once the game is running, at least that's what it does for me. Upon further googling.... I think that last line will only set the affinity for 24 processors, and if you have fewer, maybe it doesn't work.

Edit: ok nvm, I changed the original post with a new script. Please let me know if it works for you.

Message 54 of 1,378 (8,547 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Miaa245 Thank you so much for the script! This community is amazing. It works perfectly now that it activates all cores again :D What a happy new year! 

Message 55 of 1,378 (8,495 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Miaa245 I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! IT WORKS! I've wanted to play for weeks! What a great start to 2022, I am so grateful <3<3

Message 56 of 1,378 (8,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Miaa245 Thanks so much for this Miaa, this fixed my problems with TS3! I edited your script for The Sims Medieval and it worked!

This is what I used for Medieval:

echo "Launch Sims Medieval..."

do{
$TSM = Get-Process TSM, SMLauncher, SimsMedievalLauncher -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
}until($TSM)

$Affinity=$TSM.ProcessorAffinity

$TSM.ProcessorAffinity=1

Start-Sleep -s 5

$TSM.ProcessorAffinity=$Affinity
Message 57 of 1,378 (8,329 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Miaa245 many thanks for this solution, worked perfectly fine for me!

However, the game crashed afer about 1 hour to the desktop without error message and this 2 times. May it be possible that happens due to the same issue (I think not, but could be that someone who used this solution got the same problem)?

Again thank you for your help!

Message 58 of 1,378 (8,315 Views)

@figimi  Sims 3 crashes for a lot of reasons, so I'd still look into those: mods and custom content, playing in a broken or overly complicated world, that sort of thing.  If you want help troubleshooting the crashing issue, please create your own thread and post a dxdiag.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 59 of 1,378 (8,289 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Not Launching with Origin

★ Novice
@mumbledmagic I think we might have the same computer(HP Pavillion gaming?), having the same issue. It won't open or launch and EA Help via Twitter took ages in responded.
Message 60 of 1,378 (8,277 Views)