Re: The Sims 3 Launcher not working

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 crashing after launcher

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as solution for visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

Just letting you know that the Sims team is looking into this issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 1,349 (22,731 Views)
Highlighted

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher not working

@IsmaEasyy  I've merged your thread with the other about what looks very much like exactly the same issue.  EA is looking into it, as you can see from the answer above mine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 1,349 (16,541 Views)

Sims 3 Not Launching with Origin

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I recently upgraded my computer, and have had issues with opening the Sims 3. I've looked at the forums for people who have experienced the same issue, and contacted EA Support without any luck.

I try to open the Sims 3 through the shortcut/the .exe or through Origin and the launcher will open but once I click play the launcher disappears and Origin pops back up. I'm using Windows 11, and my graphics card is a GeForce RTX 3060 Ti. I'd appreciate any suggestions, and am willing to try anything at this point.

I've already tried reinstalling the game, clearing the cache for Origin, updating my driver & computer as well.

Message 23 of 1,349 (16,443 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Not Launching with Origin

@mumbledmagic  Please try manually installing DirectX 9, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/SIMS-3-GAME-WON-T-LAUNCH-WINDOWS-10/m-p/10711778#M2478...

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 24 of 1,349 (16,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi @puzzlezaddict ,

I installed the DirectX 9, and nothing seemed to change.

I attached the dxdiag below

Thank you!

Message 25 of 1,349 (16,425 Views)

@mumbledmagic  Thanks for the info.  As it turns out, you're one of three people who are reporting the same issue, with the same error in their dxdiags, when trying to run Sims 3 on a 12th-gen (Alder Lake) CPU.  This looks like a problem with the game itself or its DRM, not something you can fix on your own.  I've merged your thread with the one containing the other two players' information.

I've reported it already, as you can see from the acccepted solution.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to address this at the moment, and I think it's very possible there isn't one that can be done from the player end.  So you'll need to wait for a fix from either EA or Intel or the manufacturer or your motherboard.

Message 26 of 1,349 (16,418 Views)

Sims 3 not launching on new PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am getting an INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO exception when running TS3W.exe directly or starting the game through the launcher after a fresh install on a new PC. Visually, nothing happens after clicking exe or play from launcher. Any suggestions on what to try or workarounds if a known issue? This is the DVD version of the game.

Alder Lake 12600k CPU

16gb DDR4

Intel UHD 770 graphics
Asus Rog Strix Z690A Gaming Wifi D4 motherboard
Windows 11

-Tried both GPU drivers from intel and ASUS as they are different versions
-Disabled all efficiency cores in uefi

-Tried leaving efficieny cores enabled but disabling them with scroll lock and Z690 "Legacy Game Compatibility Mode" uefi feature
-Tried installing 2005 vcredist from DVD as well as from Microsofts website
-.net 3.5 is added as a feature
-added card to graphicscards.sgr in Sim3 basegame bin folder
-checked for windows updates

Message 27 of 1,349 (16,362 Views)

Re: Sims 3 not launching on new PC

Hero (Retired)

@Makanar56  You need to run Origin and redeem the code that came with the dvd. Once you redeem the code the game will appear in your Origin library. Origin is the DRM for this game. Once the game is in Origin click the star and update the game. Sometimes the game launcher is behind Origin and you have to minimize Origin to sdee it.

Message 28 of 1,349 (16,334 Views)

Re: Sims 3 not launching on new PC

@Makanar56  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  It's a known problem with Intel 12th-gen (Alder Lake) processors and has nothing to do with how you installed the game: the same problem happens with both Steam and Origin installs.  There's likely nothing you can do on your own either; it's a problem that either EA or Intel needs to address.

Thanks for doing so much troubleshooting on your own though.  One outstanding question was whether disabling certain CPU cores would make a difference, but I didn't want to suggest it to people who might not be tech savvy enough to understand the process.  Since you clearly are, that suggestion can be crossed off without jeopardizing anyone's system.

Message 29 of 1,349 (16,328 Views)

Sims 3 - game won't launch on windows 11 new pc

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi I have just recently gotten a new computer. I linked a picture of my specs and it also came with windows 11. I have tried to load the game on origin, steam, and through the disk. Each time I press play on the launcher, I get a crash log and origin reopens. I have no idea what to do at this point. I have looked at so many articles. I even reset my whole computer to see if there was maybe a messed up file preventing my game from starting. If anyone can help me, I would be extremely grateful. my dxdiag.txt is also attached.

I have no cc installed

I have tried the .net and direct 10 processes

I only have one origin account, I did not merge accounts

Message 30 of 1,349 (16,293 Views)