Re: Sims 3 won't load past black screen, immediately 'stops responding'

by TheBlondeSim

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Btw, I have also tried starting through origin, with no luck.  And I can't get out of the black screen without shutting down my computer. 

Message 11 of 22 (5,144 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Update...I did delete the cache files.  Are there other files I need to delete, & if so whhich types?  I get confused about what's safe to remove..or should I just delete all files after I uninstall the game & ep's?

Message 12 of 22 (5,130 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

New update...

So I deleted all of those cache files, excess files,  thumbnails,  etc...then I uninstałled a lot of cc in my browser that just didn't look right,  half of which I know I never installed in the first place. 

I hit play, got the black screen again...but after a few minutes, it started!  So hopefully, it's fixed!

Message 13 of 22 (5,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don't know if this has been solved, but I would like to share what I did to help. Standard smile. I had tried EVERYTHING. Deleting tmp files, removing cc, checking and removing mods, even restarted and rebooted my laptop numerous times. I got very frustrated, because I had played it just fine just a week before. When I was ready to just never play again, I came across another forum. Someone suggested removing all of the items located on the FeaturedItems folder (Located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/FeaturedItems). I tried that, and then tried to launch the Sims 3. To my surprise, The Sims 3 Island Paradise loading screen came up. I was elated! That's how I've fixed my game Standard smile.

Message 14 of 22 (5,040 Views)

★ Novice
I downloaded sims 3 ages ago. I changed 2 computers but it kept working. I downloaded and registered my games via Origin. Everything was just fine. THEN, YESTERDAY I DOWNLOADED TOWNS FROM SIMS STORE. Game. Crashed. I downloaded mods and cc from net but none of them made me trouble! For the first time i bought something from store it ruined my game! I did everything and anything and been crazy for hours! I even re installed. It keeps getting black screen and my pc just freezes! i have to restart everytime i try to run the game! this game was the only thing i do when i was sick or bored. Please, for the love of God, help.
Message 15 of 22 (4,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
GOD BLESS YOU. MAY THE MERCY OF GOD BE UPON YOU. I LOVE YOU JUST FRICKING MUCH. THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU.

worked :')
Message 16 of 22 (4,565 Views)

★ Novice
what i need to do
Message 17 of 22 (3,434 Views)

@mrshard2satisfy  You can drag your entire TS3 user game folder out of its location in Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Then launch the game again, and a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Can you play a new save in this folder?  If so, you can move your saves from the old folder into the new one and test them out.

If this doesn't work, please describe precisely the problem you're having, and what you've done so far to try to fix it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 22 (3,424 Views)

★ Novice

Don'tEatGlass, fantastic worked a treat thanks!

Message 19 of 22 (3,284 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thank you so much!

Message 20 of 22 (3,215 Views)