Sims 3 won't load after launcher

by kelmothebrave

Original Post

Sims 3 won't load after launcher

★★★★★ Newbie

My game had been working just fine, and I downloaded a few worlds from the sims 3 store, and now all of a sudden the launcher will open only through the origin page and even then when I press play the game loads for a bit, goes to black screen, and then i'm back at my desktop with the game supposedly still open but not loading and i'm unable to quit without windows task manager.  this has happened once before right after i'd downloaded an expantion pack from origin which i'd fixed by updating my internet security (after redownloading all my games and of course loosing all my data) but this time everything is updated and i have no clue how to fix it.  and i'm getting the sense that it has something to do with the supposedly legitimate content downloaded from origin....

Message 1 of 3 (128 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't load after launcher

Hero

Are you sure there isn't some program running a scan in the background ? That's usually the cause for the game minimizing.

What happens if you try to maximize it. Does it minimize again right away ?

You can also try if this helps:

Try resttetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't load after launcher

★★★★★ Newbie

i got it to work in windowed mode, so then i figured that like you said something must be running in the background.  i went throught the whole windows clean boot thing but never actually figured out what program was causing the problem, but i guess after restarting my computer like 12 times it did something because now it's working in fullscreen mode... no clue what i did... and i have a feeling the problem will probably start again but it's good for now...

Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)