Re: Sims 3 won’t launch

by GraphitePickle

Original Post

Sims 3 won’t launch

★ Apprentice

I’ve been having a lot of problems with my sims 3 game ever since I got a new laptop you can read this if you want more information/ to see everything I’ve tried already 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/sims-3-base-game-wont-install/m-p/8499186#M238652

My problem is that every time I click on play the launcher won’t come up, it loads for a second then brings me back to origin. How do I fix this? The sims 3 is my favourite game and I just want to be able to play it again. I feel like I’ve tried everything and EA hasn’t been that helpful. Please help me!!! 

Message 1 of 7 (672 Views)

@katsimming  The best suggestion is still the same one EA_Lanna offered: that you contact EA customer support to make sure there's nothing blocking your base game code.  Two different people have reported recently that the exact same issue as yours was caused by a mistake with their codes, and that support eventually sorted it out.  And if this is in fact an issue with your code, then there's nothing anyone else can suggest that will fix it.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (652 Views)

★ Apprentice

I appreciate both of you for helping me so much. I've contacted EA several times and the problem still hasn't been fixed. i'll try contacting them again but i'm honestly just frustrated.

Message 3 of 7 (641 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, and customer service has been no help whatsoever. They refuse to try looking into or resetting the game keys.

Message 4 of 7 (609 Views)

★ Apprentice

i've had to get them to call me several times and this still hasn't been resolved. At one point they did something and I was able to get the launcher to come up but there was a error code. they told me to reinstall the game and now the launcher wont come up again. I'm going to have to request a call again. let me know if they fix this problem for you.

Message 5 of 7 (541 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've requested another call from EA but it didn't give me a approximate wait time so I have no idea when they're going to call me. The last call I had with them I told them twice that I think there's a problem with the codes. The person I was talking to told me it wasn't a code problem but never actually looked into it. They got me to do a bunch of troubleshooting that I told them I already did. he made install an older version of origin but my computer wouldn't open it unless I updated it so I went back to using "normal' origin. He told me he was going to do something on his end and after that the sims 3 said it was "new"  in my origin. He told me to click play and when I did the launcher came up with an error message. It didn't have a error number but I read it out to him and he told me to reinstall the game and all the expansions and see if it would work then but since that was going to take very long he was going to hang up and if I needed anymore help then to request another call. After reinstalling everything i'm back to the beginning where the game wont launch at all so i'm waiting on yet another call from EA.

Message 6 of 7 (516 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have you had any luck yet? I definitely haven't.

Message 7 of 7 (443 Views)