Sims 3 won't launch with Windows 10

by robotdog385

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 won't launch with Windows 10

★★★ Novice

Just recently my computer had to be reset and updated to windows. Since then I had re downloaded my base game and all my expansion packs, but I just can't play my game. The launcher opens up fine but after I click play I'm stuck with a black screen and endlessly spinning loading sign. As well, the play buttons for my sims 3 three things are all greyed out in origin??? Please helllpppppppp Frown Its been months since I've played sims. 

Message 1 of 59 (54,542 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 won't launch with Windows 10

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@robotdog385 So far so good. In Windows go to control panel - programs and features - turn windows features on or off. Check to see if .net framework 3.5 is enabled. If not enabled - turn on - ok - reboot computer - try game.

add: tag who ever you want to answer with the @ plus user.

View in thread

Message 4 of 59 (67,177 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@robotdog385 Did the game run before you updated to Windows 10? What is the version of the game - launcher lower left. Do you have Origin installed?

Message 2 of 59 (54,492 Views)

★★★ Novice

It worked fine before updating to windows 10

I have version 1.69.43.024017

Yes I do have origin downloaded to my computer

Message 3 of 59 (54,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@robotdog385 So far so good. In Windows go to control panel - programs and features - turn windows features on or off. Check to see if .net framework 3.5 is enabled. If not enabled - turn on - ok - reboot computer - try game.

add: tag who ever you want to answer with the @ plus user.

Message 4 of 59 (67,178 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you @roberta591, this helped sims 3 to finally launch. Though, expansion packs that I have downloaded and are visible in my launcher are not showing up in my game. For example, I am missing saves saying that they aren't available because the expansions are no longer on the system. Whats does this mean?

Message 5 of 59 (54,461 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@robotdog385 make sure the packs are in the game launcher in the content manger tab and that they are enabled.

Message 6 of 59 (54,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same problem in 2017 with a Windows 10 computer. I tried everything that was listed as a solution to the problem, but nothing has worked and it's really devastating. Does anyone else have a solution?

--

Sorry for just now saying this, but I've fixed the problem. Thanks for the help. : )

Message 7 of 59 (52,847 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pvdse  Really need more information about your system. Is your computer a pc or mac? Did the game ever work on your system. Is the game in Origin?

Message 8 of 59 (52,838 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having the same issue,  It opens the launcher just fine, but when I actually launch the game I get a black screen and the windows loading cursor until it eventually (about a minute) says "The Sims 3 is not responding".  I upgraded to a larger OS drive and when I reinstalled the Sim 3 it didn't work.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 6700

GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 (drivers up to date)

RAM: 32 GB

Origin v10.4.22.609286

I tried going through the fix you posted but my .net framework 3.5 was already enabled.  Do you have any other advice?

Message 9 of 59 (52,721 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't even get to a black screen. With my recent update it said I was missing mscvr100.dll whenever I hit the play button. I found a fix for that but now it is telling me the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). I've tried restarting my computer and the fix suggested above and nothing's working
Message 10 of 59 (52,518 Views)