Re: Sims 3 won't launch with Windows 10

by alexisbryant79

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@Nathanos74  Please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag  thank you

Message 11 of 59 (9,301 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@cmarkgraf674  First thing to try is to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package using the control panel and download and install the package from Microsoft.

Message 12 of 59 (9,301 Views)

★★ Novice

@roberta591

I tried this several times and it did not do anything Frown any other suggestions you could think of? Much appreciated!

Message 13 of 59 (9,255 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue atm after updating Origin. Can you tell me how you fixed this problem?

Message 14 of 59 (8,764 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I am having kind of the same issue with robotdog345. When I download and install the sims 3 and the packs, and that was no issue. but when I was trying to play it on origin. They said I need to update the NET Framework 3.5 (includes NET 2.0 and 3.0), but it won't install. It keep saying that Windows couldn't find required files to complete the requested changes. Erroe code 0x800F081F. Please help! I don't know what to do.

Message 15 of 59 (8,737 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dudie57  Is your computer a pc or mac? Did the game ever work? Are you running any third party antivirus or ad blocker software?

Message 16 of 59 (8,725 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@alexisbryant79  I am assuming you have a pc. Did you download .net framework from Microsoft? Windows 10 includes .net framework and the download version does not work for Windows 10. You need to open control panel - programs and features - turn windows features on or off - enable .net framework 3.5

Message 17 of 59 (8,725 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
i just done this and now i cant do anything until i get the net.framework 3.5 ! now it's saying that they can't find the file how can i get this back !
Message 18 of 59 (8,710 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@unicorn_vdb26  What file is missing? Did you enable .(not download - the download from MS won't work) net framework 3.5?

Message 19 of 59 (8,703 Views)

★★ Novice
I tried that, but they said I need to download some require files. Like windows updates. But I have too many updates, to download them. Is their any other way to download them one by one?
Message 20 of 59 (8,682 Views)