Re: Sims 3 won't install on origin mac

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 won't install on origin mac

★★ Novice

I have downloaded the sims 3 and a few expansion packs on origin on mac, but today when I went on the sims 3 base game was not installed i think because of an update (?) I re-downloaded it without issue, but when I tried to downloaded it came up with an error message before even being prompted for the game code

An unexpected installation error has occurred. First, try restarting your computer. If that doesn’t resolve the issue you can take the following steps:
1) Temporarily disable your virus scanner/firewall
2) Run the Origin Client in administrator mode
3) Reboot your Machine and try installing again
Error: 327682:0

Tried all of the steps and my account is already the admin 

Please help me sort this i miss playing!!

Message 1 of 4 (3,348 Views)

@zkaas123  Does your Mac now run Catalina?  If so, that's why you're getting the error: Sims 3 is a 32-bit app, and Catalina is 64-bit only.  There's no way around this.  But EA has announced a 64-bit-compatible version for macOS, to be released some time in early 2020.  Here's the post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/An-announcement-for-The-Sims-3-players-on-Mac/td-p/82...

In the interim though, your only options would be to play on another computer, or to install another OS on your Mac.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (3,325 Views)

★★ Novice

What a pain Frown Will I have to pay again for the compatible version or will it just be a matter of updating? Thank you for your help @puzzlezaddict 

Message 3 of 4 (3,306 Views)

@zkaas123  The new version will be free for anyone who already owns Sims 3.  You will have to uninstall and reinstall, not just update, but that's not too complicated.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (3,301 Views)