Sims 3 will not launch on PC!

by HeatherC-EmilyJ

Original Post

Sims 3 will not launch on PC!

★ Novice

Hi,

I cannot launch Sims 3 from either the Sims 3 launcher or via Origin on my PC.

If I try via the Sims 3 launcher, it opens the Origin app and when I then try to launch it via the Origin app, the Origin app minimises and then re-opens. If I try going via the Origin app, the same thing happens where the app minimises and then re-opens. I have tried deleting the cache, uninstalling Origin and Sims 3, tried it on a different computer, and the same issue is happening. I have bought it to the attention of EA but I'm not getting anywhere with them, I spent 3 hours on the phone trying other things and whilst the game was re-downloading the technical advisor ended the call convinced that this time it would work. 

There is no error message, and no indication at all as to why it's doing this. 

I'm at my wits end, I have no idea what else I can do! I've not been able to use the game since September! HELP!

Message 1 of 9 (900 Views)

Re: Sims 3 will not launch on PC!

@HeatherC-EmilyJ  Did you have two accounts merged at some point, or maybe some other EA support process that involved your codes?  There are several users who've described exactly the same symptoms after having their accounts merged.  The issue has been caused by the base game code not transferring over properly, or being mistakenly deactivated, or something similar.  The people who've eventually had it fixed have needed support to add the code back or unblock it.

If you can't get anywhere with support in the next couple of days, let me know, and I'll try to find someone else who can offer you more specific advice.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (880 Views)

★ Novice

hey, this makes a lot of sense! 

Support have been pretty awful so if you could advise anymore that would be super helpful! 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9 (816 Views)

@HeatherC-EmilyJ  As of now, there's unfortunately no solution other than to go back to support and hope you get someone who understands the issue.  If you want, you can link the support rep this solution for the same issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-does-not-launch-just-minimizes-Origin-for-a-sec...

and this post from an EA Community Manager on the subject:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-at-all/m-p/8574411#M238855

If you still can't get anywhere (hopefully that's not the case), let me know, and I'll ask again what else you can do.

Message 4 of 9 (799 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue but reading the comments I have just had accounts merge. Does anyone know if EA have the CD-Keys for your game or if you have to provide this? EA Help is down and it seems that they are responding to everyone else on Twitter besides me and I just want to have this sorted so I can play!

Message 5 of 9 (717 Views)

@AntoniaBaybee  EA customer support should have all the relevant information on your account, or rather, accounts. It might take a while to get through though, so if the wait seems long, it might be easier to try tomorrow.

Message 6 of 9 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks so much! I assume with the server issues and reduced hours they will be working harder with less staff so getting through may take some time. I can also see upon reflection their responses to tweets are from ones from hours ago so I will be patient and hopefully it will all be okay and worth the wait. I miss The Sims 3 lol!

Message 7 of 9 (684 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, I can't launch Sims 3 from either the Sims 3 launcher or via Origin on my PC, which is a gaming laptop with more than enough space for all my Sims 3 games.

I downloaded all the games directly from Origin and allowed Origin to do everything regarding the download process. I followed all the steps exactly right.

This isn't the first time I've had this issue, it also happened on my other laptop when I download the games from Origin. I've also tried deleting the cache, uninstalling Origin and all my Sims 3 games. I also tried downloading the games directly from the discs but the same kind of issue occurs...

No error message pops up, and there is no indication why my game is doing this. 

Sims 4 runs perfectly on Origin but Sims 3 refuses...

I also have a fantastic internet connection, and I have never merged accounts.

Did you find a solution?

Message 8 of 9 (534 Views)

@JoanneJoubert  Please try manually installing DirectX 9, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/SIMS-3-GAME-WON-T-LAUNCH-WINDOWS-10/m-p/10711778#M2478...

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 9 of 9 (497 Views)