Re: Sims 3 white lines

★ Apprentice

Yes there’s still white lines on full screen mode 

the screen still flickers when I used the tool you mentioned 

I still see the white lines on windowed mode 

Message 21 of 86 (1,027 Views)

★★ Guide

In all this, did you upgrade your driver via GeForce Experience?

Message 22 of 86 (1,015 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes i have and it still not helped with my problem 

Message 23 of 86 (991 Views)

@Bts152  Could you post a few screenshots of what you see?  Hit Windows key-shift-S, drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture, and then open Paint and crtl-V to paste the image.  (This only works in windowed mode.)  Please also let me know whether the screenshots look like what you see or not; if not, you can take a picture with your cell phone camera and attach it too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 86 (979 Views)

★ Apprentice

4C8701C9-7D23-4F30-8264-C428150490C9.jpegHelp! 

Message 25 of 86 (911 Views)

@Bts152  Try uninstalling both graphics drivers, Intel and Nvidia, and reinstalling them.  It's important to uninstall the Nvidia driver first and to reinstall the Intel driver first, so there's never a point where you have the Nvidia driver installed without the Intel one.

Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300

Download fresh copies of both the Intel and Nvidia video drivers from Dell:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/g-series-15-3500-laptop/drivers

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Repeat the above process, except when you choose GPU, now choose Intel.

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the Intel driver as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer, and run Nvidia the driver install .exe in custom mode.  Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software, if you have a choice.

Reboot again, go back online, and see whether the game works normally.  If not, let me know.

Message 26 of 86 (881 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

It’s not working- it wouldn’t let me uninstall the nvidia graphics driver, it wouldn’t let me download the fresh nvidia graphics driver and when I went to install the new intel graphics driver it said that the operating system is not working 

Message 27 of 86 (859 Views)

@Bts152  Please post screenshots of the error(s) you see.

Message 28 of 86 (835 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi! I've found a way to get rid of the lines but they only show up when the camera has zoomed out if you know what i mean. I had to turn on the antialiasing which did the trick for a bit

Message 29 of 86 (741 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, sorry to interfere but the ‘white lines’ on furniture & clothes that they are talking about is NOT screen tearing. I have the exact same problem they’re talking about and I don’t have screen tearing. You keep trying to get them to do things that fix screen tearing, like enabling vsync and all that but that is not their problem. I haven’t been able to find a fix for this problem anywhere and to be honest it’s so annoying in game. It’s little white lines that look like cracks on objects and sims, when you move the camera they flicker on the object or sim/clothes. It’s very noticeable and I saw once that someone said it was to do with the latest update & thats all they said. However, I have watched many youtubers playing the sims 3 who don’t seem to have this problem. I have a pretty good computer and can run all settings on high very well. However, no matter what setting I do it wont get rid of these white lines. It can’t be to do with edge smoothing because I’ve tried it with and without and nothing fixes it. I could attach a video or image of what the white lines and flickering look like if you want to see. It’s completely unrelated to screen tearing caused by fps. 

Message 30 of 86 (607 Views)