Re: Sims 3 white lines

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Hey again, I would love to give this a try as I still haven’t fixed the issue. But I do have more to add, I downloaded sims 4 on the computer as well and the lines show on sims 4 as well! So its not just a sims 3 issue. However, I usually play sims 4 on my laptop and the lines don’t show on there so it’s definitely to do with something being wrong with the computer. I’ll try and follow this tutorial and see what happens, thanks for remembering Standard smile 

Message 71 of 86 (1,031 Views)

★ Apprentice

This actually makes me beyond happy that someone with the EXACT same problem as me might have finally found a solution, fingers crossed it works for me too, can’t wait to try it 😭 

Message 72 of 86 (1,029 Views)

@SunflowerSimmies  Your laptop may have weaker hardware than your desktop, leading Windows to choose the high-performance profile by default on the laptop.  The idea is, the desktop GPU should be able to run the game well enough in power-saving mode, but the laptop GPU might not, so what Windows judges to be the appropriate profile is different.

Please do let us know how this goes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 73 of 86 (1,020 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried this but unfortunately it didn’t work for me, on sims 3 or sims 4, I made sure to follow it step by step & restart the computer but it didnt work. However, I tried connecting my laptop to the monitor through HDMI cable with sims 4 and the problem isn’t there when the laptop is connected, only when I play sims 4 on the actual computer. My computer is connected to the monitor through display port. So is the issue display port related as the hdmi cable seems to not show the issue when connected to the laptop or is it a graphics card issue? 

Message 74 of 86 (996 Views)

@SunflowerSimmies  It's certainly possible that the issue is the cable, at least in your case.  It could in theory be the type of connection, but since so many people use DisplayPort, it seems unlikely that something about DP itself is the cause.  Regardless, your desktop graphics card has an HDMI port, so you could try using the HDMI cable with the desktop.

While you're experimenting, it's also worth setting your monitor to run at different refresh rates, e.g. not just the 165 Hz that you were using when you ran the dxdiag.  It might be annoying to have to play at 60 or 72 Hz, but please at least see whether it makes a difference.  I think I suggested this before, but it's worth testing again in combination with the max power setting and the HDMI cable.

Message 75 of 86 (983 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have an HDMI cable and the issue still occurs.

I just bought a new cable because my game was causing my monitor to go on an doff upon loading for some reason.

Bought a brand new cable and that issue is fixed, but the white lines are still there and are showing up in my screenshots.Frown

(they came back after awhile, so unfortunately that fix didn't work long)

Message 76 of 86 (964 Views)

@graceymanors  Did you happen to install a new GPU driver, or maybe update Windows, around the time the white lines came back?  You can check the Reliability Monitor for updates: it will show the date and time of each update going back 30 days.

Message 77 of 86 (948 Views)

★ Apprentice

Helloo, I can happily announce that I have completely fixed the graphical issue as of today! 
I can share this here for anyone else that comes across this problem, in both sims 3 and sims 4. 

To fix the lines, I searched and found a youtube video in a thread about the lines in sims 4. The video showed how to get rid of them using nvidia inspector but only in older version 1.9.7.3 (which I had to do some searching to find but eventually found a link to download this old version) This version has an option to turn on an ‘antialiasing fix’ and when you apply it it completely fixes all the issues, as easy as that. For sims 3, just choose all the sims 3 games listed in the drop down menu and apply it to all the ones there, there are 3 sims 3 games listed but just apply it to all of those ones and it still works. 
the link to the youtube tutorial is right here: 

https://youtu.be/F4OoxV3fpBc

(Create-A-Sim Facial Lines fix - The sims 4)

Message 78 of 86 (783 Views)

★ Apprentice

@graceymanors Have a look at this & try it Standard smile 

Message 79 of 86 (782 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bts152 hello i dont know when this comments where posted but I have experienced somthing like this just recently and I figured out when I choose a lot near a mountain hill it would show up I have moved my lots around in my town and my house away from hill and it's gone also I did a repair on my game in my orgin account fingers crossed it gone thought I would mention my experience incase anyone still has problems
Message 80 of 86 (661 Views)