Re: Sims 3 white lines

by graceymanors

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Will try that.

I actually already had the antialiasing set to 2x from when nvidia helped.I will change the others and post back.

Edit: In fact I had all of these already set.Except for application controlled.

Message 61 of 86 (867 Views)

★★★ Guide

Screenshot-25.jpg

Lines gone, but game is terrible looking, looks like I have it on low graphics.

Message 62 of 86 (864 Views)

@graceymanors  That's too bad; I was hoping there would be at least some improvement.  Thanks for testing though.

And nice house, even on low settings.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 63 of 86 (850 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks Standard smile I have my settings on high except for water and detailed lots.Aside from the lines the computer runs great.I regret not going to a desktop sooner😇 I ended just ignoring the lines, tech guy didn’t think it would cause any harm to my system.

Message 64 of 86 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I thought I would post an update here.I saw a thread where someone was having trouble getting their card recognized and you had mentioned windows 10 sometimes overrides the application on what it uses for CPU, even the nvidia control panel.

so I followed the instructions and set it so the sims 3 runs on high processing.

I loaded my game(after restarting my PC) and the lines are gone....as well as the flickering issues I was having.

I don't know if it will help with everyone, but it did for me.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5035

This is what I followed.

Message 65 of 86 (811 Views)

@graceymanors  Wait, what?  That is so strange.  I mean, your computer doesn't even have an integrated graphics chip for Windows to try to use instead of the Nvidia card.  Although now that I think about it... maybe the setting is more about power saving or performance, and not the cards listed themselves?  I don't know; this is something I'll end up asking the real expert.

It's wonderful that the setting fixed the white lines for you, regardless of the explanation.  I wouldn't have thought to recommend that for a computer already using the correct card, but I'm really glad you decided to experiment.  And yes, it's definitely helpful that you posted this, whether it helps everyone with the issue or only a few.

Tagging @SunflowerSimmies and @Bts152, so you both see the above post.  Please let us know whether it makes a difference.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 66 of 86 (801 Views)

★★★ Guide

It is so weird isn't, it was the only thing I hadn't done nor did any tech support do, so I figured why not.

Hope it helps others.

Message 67 of 86 (786 Views)

@graceymanors 

What settings was engaged before you changed to "High Performance"?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 68 of 86 (755 Views)

★★★ Guide

It was on default settings, I don't ever mess with windows settings.Everything is default.

But I decided to give that a try and it got rid of the lines for me.

Message 69 of 86 (721 Views)

@graceymanors 

So it was on "Lets Windows decide"

Thanks!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 70 of 86 (697 Views)