Re: Sims 3 unable to play - PC

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 unable to play - PC

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, right, I've got a bit of a weird one, origin lets me download sims 3 and the launcher opens when I press it and then I press play, my screen goes black like it's about to start and then my computer goes off like it's in sleep mode, and there is no way of getting out of it unless I exit the game and go back on the homepage... but then when I press the game to go back on it does the same thing, I am really confused because I have tried everything but nothing is working! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 6 (549 Views)

@LydzRigz  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (537 Views)

★ Novice

theres a dixdiag form on there now Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (519 Views)

@LydzRigz  Your computer is powerful enough to run all Sims 3 packs together on ultra settings, which you probably already know.  The errors in your dxdiag don't point to anything obviously Sims 3-related either, although they could be related.  Since they mostly reference Windows components, it's a good idea to run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If sfc reports that it found corrupt files and was unable to repair some of them, stop here and let me know.  Otherwise, restart your computer and manually run any pending Windows updates: hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  Restart again if anything installs.

Next, move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to the folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to load a new save.  If you can, great; you can start adding your existing content to the new folder and testing.  Another black screen means one of the files you added is the problem, and you can split the last batch of files and test further.

If you can't play even with a clean folder, try instead playing while your computer is offline.  You can put Origin in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.

Message 4 of 6 (510 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello! Thankyou! I got this message when i typed everything in! Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag. i have no clue what this means ://// thankyou again!
Message 5 of 6 (440 Views)

@LydzRigz  That message means that sfc did its job, and you don't need to do anything else on that front.

Let me know whether you can play in a clean user folder, as described.

Message 6 of 6 (417 Views)