Sims 3- supernatural and University life issue

by BreakzUK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3- supernatural and University life issue

★★★ Newbie

Morning all hope someone can help

I have a Windows 8 Pro PC with Sims 3 and University life installed, and all works fine.

Today my son got Supernatural for his Birthday, with installed it without any issue. When he comes to play it it asks for the University disc. I can get Supernatural to load up at all. What can I do to fix this?

Cheers

Message 1 of 2 (883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3- supernatural and University life issue

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Your loading screen will always show the expansion that was the last to be released. You can see the release order here:

The Sims 3 Installation / Release Order

Each expansion has its own symbol (as has the base game). The symbols for your games are:

The Sims 3 base game: TS3.png

Supernatural: TS3SN.png

University Life: TS3UL.png

There are two simple methods to see which expansions are installed on your computer.

1. The symbols for your expansions will show up as highlighted in your launcher. The symbols for the expansions and stuff packs you have not installed will be greyed out. You can also mouse over the little icons to see which expansion or stuff pack they stand for.

Launcher.jpg

(Note that this is an older screenshot of the launcher, the symbol for University Life does not even show up here.)

2. You can see the icons for the base game, stuff pack and expansions in the Create-a-Sim Mode, Buy Mode, and Build Mode in game. If your game is patched to the latest version, you should also have the possibility to filter for items from the base game or Supernatural or University Life in all three modes. It should show up like this (I marked the icons for your expansions in red):

BuyMode.png

Last but not least you can always check if you have Supernatural installed in your options. Do the "Population Control Settings" show werewolves, fairies, and witches? Then you have Supernatural installed! 

Popoulation.JPG

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (957 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3- supernatural and University life issue

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Your loading screen will always show the expansion that was the last to be released. You can see the release order here:

The Sims 3 Installation / Release Order

Each expansion has its own symbol (as has the base game). The symbols for your games are:

The Sims 3 base game: TS3.png

Supernatural: TS3SN.png

University Life: TS3UL.png

There are two simple methods to see which expansions are installed on your computer.

1. The symbols for your expansions will show up as highlighted in your launcher. The symbols for the expansions and stuff packs you have not installed will be greyed out. You can also mouse over the little icons to see which expansion or stuff pack they stand for.

Launcher.jpg

(Note that this is an older screenshot of the launcher, the symbol for University Life does not even show up here.)

2. You can see the icons for the base game, stuff pack and expansions in the Create-a-Sim Mode, Buy Mode, and Build Mode in game. If your game is patched to the latest version, you should also have the possibility to filter for items from the base game or Supernatural or University Life in all three modes. It should show up like this (I marked the icons for your expansions in red):

BuyMode.png

Last but not least you can always check if you have Supernatural installed in your options. Do the "Population Control Settings" show werewolves, fairies, and witches? Then you have Supernatural installed! 

Popoulation.JPG

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (958 Views)