Re: Sims 3 - stuck in 'plan outfit'

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 - stuck in 'plan outfit'

★★★ Novice

Hi, 

I have this problem where whenever I go to edit my sim's outfit, I'm never able to re-enter my game, the tick button is unresponsive. It only happens with one sim, Bella Goth, and I have tried to edit her outfit through using cheats then 'edit sim in create a sim' but it still doesn't work. 

Whenever i click the tick, the game just freezes and i have to manually exit out of it.

I don't have any mods or cc, i tried resetting my sim. it's so odd!

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 5 (4,106 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@heyitsjenxo  Okay, just wanted to check before I wrote out a long, irrelevant set of troubleshooting steps.

Start by deleting the cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\EA.  These files should be deleted regularly anyway, and while troubleshooting, be sure to delete them every time you quit the game (or it crashes).  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

In the same place, open the folder labeled CurrentGame, and delete anything you find in there.  It should always be empty unless TS3 is actually running, but sometimes it doesn't get emptied after a crash.

Load your save again, and right away (after a few in-game minutes) take Bella into CAS.  This is when the game's resource use is at its lowest, so CAS has the best chance of working.

If CAS still crashes, clear your cache again, and CurrentGame if necessary, then reload, and move Bella out of her house and back in again.  This will reset her promised wishes and opportunities, although she'll keep her job and relationships.  Save (use "save as" to make a new copy, so you have a backup if you need it), quit, clear your caches again, reload, and then try CAS.

If this doesn't help either, do the same as above, except move Bella into a different household, either one of her own or merged with an existing one.  Save, quit, clear the caches, reload, and move her back in via Edit Town, then try CAS.

Whenever you do get CAS to work on Bella, make sure to change every item in her everyday outfit, and her hairstyle as well.  It's possible that an item in that outfit is corrupted, or perhaps her outfit assignment is corrupted, but either way, making a fresh one should fix the problem going forward.  (It's easy enough to check again if you want to be sure.)  If it doesn't, you can try to change her other outfits as well, although that would usually only crash CAS when you switched to the category of the corrupt outfit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (4,052 Views)

All Replies

@heyitsjenxo  Are you playing Sims 3 or Sims 4?  In TS3, Bella is still a child, and her last name is Bachelor, whereas she's a Goth in other games.  But maybe you married her to Mortimer already.

Message 2 of 5 (4,067 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, playing in sims 3 and she's married to Mortimer.

Message 3 of 5 (4,057 Views)
Highlighted

@heyitsjenxo  Okay, just wanted to check before I wrote out a long, irrelevant set of troubleshooting steps.

Start by deleting the cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\EA.  These files should be deleted regularly anyway, and while troubleshooting, be sure to delete them every time you quit the game (or it crashes).  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

In the same place, open the folder labeled CurrentGame, and delete anything you find in there.  It should always be empty unless TS3 is actually running, but sometimes it doesn't get emptied after a crash.

Load your save again, and right away (after a few in-game minutes) take Bella into CAS.  This is when the game's resource use is at its lowest, so CAS has the best chance of working.

If CAS still crashes, clear your cache again, and CurrentGame if necessary, then reload, and move Bella out of her house and back in again.  This will reset her promised wishes and opportunities, although she'll keep her job and relationships.  Save (use "save as" to make a new copy, so you have a backup if you need it), quit, clear your caches again, reload, and then try CAS.

If this doesn't help either, do the same as above, except move Bella into a different household, either one of her own or merged with an existing one.  Save, quit, clear the caches, reload, and move her back in via Edit Town, then try CAS.

Whenever you do get CAS to work on Bella, make sure to change every item in her everyday outfit, and her hairstyle as well.  It's possible that an item in that outfit is corrupted, or perhaps her outfit assignment is corrupted, but either way, making a fresh one should fix the problem going forward.  (It's easy enough to check again if you want to be sure.)  If it doesn't, you can try to change her other outfits as well, although that would usually only crash CAS when you switched to the category of the corrupt outfit.

Message 4 of 5 (4,053 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi. I moved her out of the household and back in again and it's working fine now! Thank you so much for the help Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (4,033 Views)