Sims 3 storebought content keeps disappearing in game?

by okeydesuka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 storebought content keeps disappearing in game?

★★★ Novice

i recently bought some simpoints and used them to buy the Hideaway Bunk Bed, and i installed it into my game from the sims 3 site. im logged into my sims account in game and on the launcher, but everytime i save and quit the bunk bed disappears out of my home, and i have to rebuy it each time. i thought i had fixed the glitch by installing it through the site, but it keeps disappearing. it will also occasionally log me out of the launcher, i dont know if that could be the reason why. custom content installed through the launcher works just fine, can someone please help?

Message 1 of 8 (481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 storebought content keeps disappearing in game?

@okeydesuka  The next time this happens, try deleting the two files inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SigsCache.  This has helped a couple players in the past.

If that doesn't make a difference, try clearing the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (390 Views)

All Replies

@okeydesuka  As an experiment, please install the item in a clean user folder and see whether it stays installed.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and install a new copy of the bunk bed.  Then launch the game and see whether it shows up.  If it does, quit, restart your computer, and check again.  Let me know what happens.

Please also let me know how much other store content you have installed, as in, whether it would be a pain to have to reinstall all of it.  There are multiple valid approaches here, and the best one is the one that involves the least amount of work for you.

Message 2 of 8 (466 Views)

★★★ Novice

okay so i did what you said, when i launched the game, it showed up, i saved and quit and checked another time, and it showed up. then i reset my pc and it didnt show up. it seems it also somehow uninstalled itself? which it didnt do with my original save.

i don't have much storebought content, but i do have quite a bit of custom content that you install through the launcher, so it would be kind of a pain to go and find them all and reinstall them.

Message 3 of 8 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]

@okeydesuka  Do you use a third-party antivirus or some kind of cleaner app?  If so, please list whatever you have installed.  Please also let me know whether you use OneDrive.  You're not the only player I've seen with this issue, and I'm trying to figure out what people have in common.

Message 4 of 8 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

no, i dont use a thirdparty antivirus or any cleaner, nor do i use onedrive.

i loaded up my original save where the bunk beds kept disappearing, and it showed up when i loaded. so i saved and quit, checked my launcher, and then somehow all of the storebought content just uninstalled itself, and didnt show in game.

edit: i checked again and it seemed to be reinstalled, even though i didnt do anything

Message 5 of 8 (421 Views)

@okeydesuka  That's strange, but also potentially revealing: your content isn't getting corrupted or removed; the game just isn't reading it correctly from time to time.  Do you normally sign into the launcher or at the Main Menu, and does doing so (or not) change anything?  What kind of install do you have: Origin, disc, or Steam?

Message 6 of 8 (413 Views)

★★★ Novice

usually i stay signed into the launcher and the main menu. i dont know if it affects anything, because even if im logged out or logged in, it has a chance of not showing up.

i installed from Origin.

Message 7 of 8 (408 Views)

@okeydesuka  The next time this happens, try deleting the two files inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SigsCache.  This has helped a couple players in the past.

If that doesn't make a difference, try clearing the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Message 8 of 8 (391 Views)