Re: Sims 3 store content won't install or download

by frumblebunny

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I use Opera, works perfectly. Btw do you use WinRAR to download your store content? Because you should, others may have viruses.

Message 11 of 24 (3,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I use opera too, but it didn't work.

Message 12 of 24 (3,447 Views)

Hero

Make sure your game is updated to 1.67 (you can check on the launcher, lower left corner)

If that is the case, there's a log which can be found in documents/electronicarts/thesims3 and is called Sims3LauncherLogFile.log

Post the content here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 24 (3,438 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem and looked around on other sites - I think it was Carls Guide (that site's amazing!). My problem seemed to be solved by ejecting the sims disc then restarting launcher, then downloading and everything was fine. Phew! I'm using firefox on mac.

Every time I start the game I get disc authorisation failure, but a second retry is usually a winner...

Good luck 

Susan

Message 14 of 24 (3,316 Views)

★★ Novice
I also had the issue with installing content with the launcher, I managed to fix it by using Internet Explorer. If you use Chrome, nothing happens when you click, I also tried to change it from going to Chrome but when I click it from the launcher it sends me there. I recommend using firefox or IE, copy and paste what you want to download using one of those browsers and a message would pop up asking if you'd allow them to make changes to your computer, accept and it shows on the launcher your installing content on Downloads. It pretty much has to do with which browser you use.
Message 15 of 24 (3,269 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My problem has been that I can download and install store content, but it does not show up in my game. I have performed the procedures recommended and it did not help. I have my games through Origin, so I don't think it even looks at the files from Electronic Arts.

I have contacted an EA rep and will post if there are any positive results.

Good Luck!

Message 16 of 24 (3,252 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. Do you still have this problem? If so I suggest you re-install the game. As I am typing this The Sims 3 is installing. And probably by the time you see this, it would have completed. I have read all the posts here. Many suggest to use a different browser. I will do so. I hope EA answers to everyone who has this problem. We have paid money to get the store content and of course, we want to download it, install it and play. 

Message 17 of 24 (3,138 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello to everyone again. The Sims 3 finished installing. First, I would like to thank everyone who has answered to this problem! Without the information I would be clueless! I first made sure the game launcher was up to date. I then used Internet Explorer and tried to download a piece of store content. It downloaded and then it installed with no problem too. I do know The Sims 3 is old but I still love it and play it! I hope none of you are facing this problem anymore. 

Thanks again to everyone who has posted about this issue!

Message 18 of 24 (3,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! this worked and my game can now have store content again, thank youu

Message 19 of 24 (2,722 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Kommando1987 i try this and its still not working what else can i try
Message 20 of 24 (1,615 Views)