Re: Sims 3 store content won't install or download

by shorttheatrenerd

Original Post

Sims 3 store content won't install or download

★★ Novice

I recently downloaded all the Sims 3 content I had previously purchased on Steam, onto Origin. For the most part it went smoothly, my saves and households were there and all the expansions and stuff packs installed correctly; however none of The Sims 3 store content was visable in game, even though the custom content worked fine. So I tried reinstalling all the store content in The Sims 3 launcher....no dice...every store purchased item returned a "failed to install, please make sure The Sims 3 is the current version" or something along those lines.

So I deleted the store content in the launcher in anticipation of re-downloading it when I hit the next problem: I can't download one stinking thing from The Sims 3 store. I've tried Mozilla, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer all with no success; IE just sent me to a blank error screen while Chrome and Mozilla simply didn't react to my clicking the download link in any way (I suspect Java or something might be the culprit but I'm not savy enough with this kind of thing to know for sure).

Anyway the short of it is:

• Custom content works, store content doesn't
  • Store content failed to reinstall
  • 3 different browsers failed to download purchased content from the Store
  • Google search has yet to yield a solution that works.

If anyone has had a similar issue and can tell me how to fix this I'd appreciate it.

Message 1 of 24 (29,369 Views)

★★ Novice

Still having this problem, a little help?

Message 2 of 24 (29,313 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hey im having the same problem. dont know if you still are. but im about to call EA games cause i have some time to waste. have given up downloading my store content in fear of messing up my playable game again :/ . ill tell you if i find anything out! or incase someone else needs help.

Message 3 of 24 (29,119 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Has anybody solved this problem? 

Message 4 of 24 (28,930 Views)

Hero

Try this from the Store FAQ

I installed my Store Content but it's not showing up in my game

Unfortunately, the Launcher is a very unreliable tool. The more stuff you have, the greater the chance that files which have your stuff installed get messed up. If that starts happening to you. It's best ro reinstall all Store content, using this method:

• Close your game and launcher
  • Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
  • If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
  • Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
  • Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.

When you're done, backup the DCCache folder. If the same starts happening again, go back to that backup so you don't need to start over. Make a backup from time to time, especially after you've installed worlds and lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (28,915 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't know anyway to fix your problem if it still doesn't workI am having problems with The Sims 3 store toI contacted someone and they said they would check it outbut in the mean time there is nothing they can do.

Message 6 of 24 (28,909 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.  I have a lot of Sim points and I'm just wanting to download the Bohemian venue/pack and I click purchase and it just sits there and does nothing.  Can anyone help me, PLEASE???

Message 7 of 24 (28,815 Views)

Hero

Did you try a different browser ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (28,803 Views)

★ Novice

I was having this problem consistently, I was not able to download any content from any browser I tried. Then, in the anniversary sale earlier this year, I bought the Supernatural expansion pack and downloaded that, and my problem is fixed. so maybe re-downloading the game will solve it? I'm not sure what happened, but it's better now.

Message 9 of 24 (28,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am going to try and reinstall the game on my mac, because I have the same problem.

Just bought the bakery and it won't download or install

Message 10 of 24 (28,800 Views)