Re: Sims 3 store content won't install from launcher

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 store content won't install from launcher

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Whenever I buy something online from the sims 3 store, I can never add it to my game! After I purchase it, it goes to my game launcher under the downloads tab. From the launcher, I try to install it, and it appears to go through the installation process, but as soon as it's over, it gives me this message: "Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates" and I can't install it! I have checked for updates in the launcher and there are none, so I'm not sure what to do.. This has happened to me with several items I've bought and I've spent a lot of simpoints, so I would really appreciate help!! Thanks!!

UPDATE: I have just installed the 1.69 patch - I still have the same issue. :/

Message 1 of 7 (349 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@c_sims19 Are you updated to 1.69? To check, open the game launcher and look in the left hand corner. The digits there should read 1.69 - if they don't, download the super patch here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Let me know how it goes

Message 2 of 7 (339 Views)

★★ Novice

I still have 1.67 - I looked into the 1.69 patch, and I found that a lot of people are having problems with it such as game crashing.. Do you think it's common for these issues to happen? If I did run into some problems, would it be possible to salvage my game?

Thanks so much - I'm just trying to make sure my game is safeStandard smile

Message 3 of 7 (328 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the delay! I just installed the patch and I'm having the same issue.

Message 4 of 7 (301 Views)

Hero

Do you have anything installed that works ?

This error is usually a problem with the entitlements. You might need to contact a game advisor.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (293 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got the same. I've bought a new computer and installed all the sims 3 titles, and of course with the latest patch. I have no mods, it's just the clear game. Please fix this EA.

Message 6 of 7 (266 Views)

Hero

What version are you currently on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (250 Views)