Sims 3 store content will not install

by tvilling15

Original Post

Sims 3 store content will not install

★ Novice

I had to reset my computer a while back so i had to re install my sims games. Ever since i have not been able to install my sims 3 store content, including Hidden Springs and Monte Vista (I have them as CDs) i can downloade all of it just fine, then i get to install it and i works when i go into the game to play or close the launcher it's gone and i have to install them again, but the same thing happens again and again. it is not only the things I had before the reset, I just bought the chicken coop and that's the same.

How do I fix it?

Message 1 of 6 (292 Views)

Re: Sims 3 store content will not install

Hero (Retired)

@tvilling15  Is your game in Origin? The DRM for the game changed in 2012. Existing games were allowed to run unless you reinstall or tried to add new DLC. At that point you need to update your game to Origin (the new DRM). If your game is not in Origin you need to download the Origin client and create an account (if you don't have an Origin account already). Then you need you need to activate (redeem) the base game in Origin. if you have the disc version installed you need to download and run the version 1.67 manual super patch. At this point Origin will automatically patch the game to version 1.69 removing the old DRM. All the packs and store items were updated to work with Origin. Once you have the game in Origin the packs and worlds and store items should work as before. You may have to reinstall some packs and store items if they haven't been updated already.

Message 2 of 6 (280 Views)

★ Novice

Hi thanks for the answer. I have origin, but my game is not in it, when i reinstalled all of my games i tried to put it in origin but it says i have to get from the sims 3 website. besides i dont see it as a game i can buy through origin so how do i get it into origin?

Message 3 of 6 (264 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@tvilling15  The game and packs codes can be redeemed in Origin and worlds can be redeemed in thesims3.com. Worlds can be downloaded from thesims3.com store history and expansion packs can be downloaded by right clicking the game icon in Origin - click show game details - click extra content. The register a world go to thesims3.com - my page - my account - redeem a code.

Message 4 of 6 (258 Views)

★ Novice

roberta591 that is what i tried to do. I cannot get the world from the sims 3 stroe because it has already been redeemed. My problem is not downoading sims 3 store contents its installing them. i have them downloaded, in my launcher all of them, Monte Vista, Hdden Springs, the chicken coop, the baby chair and another world though i do not rememer wha it is called River-something. I can find all of them in my launcher under downloads, and i can istall them though if i play the game they are no longer installed, if i close the launcher without playing the game they are no longer installed they are back at downloads. I did not have this problem 3 months ago before i reset my computer and had to install all of my games again thats when i found out that i could not install the worlds and i just resently realized i cannot install the store contents form thesims3.com.

Message 5 of 6 (231 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@tvilling15 Is the store items from the store from the same thesims3.com account as the Origin account. In other words do you login to thesims3.com store with the same login that has the game in Origin? The store items will not stay installed to the old DRM games (pre 2012). The base game HAS to be redeemed (activated) to an Origin account as Windows and OS X no longer support the DRM that the game was released with (in 2009) (Microsoft has pushed out updates for all version of Windows). The game HAS TO BE up to date (version 1.69 as all the store items have been updated to work with the new DRM. You need to contact EA customer service to find out what accounts the packs and game were redeemed into. If your game in NOT in Origin, it needs to be. This needs to be done first. Then you NEED to determine if the store account is properly linked to the Origin account. There was a time when you could use some one else's store account but that can not be done anymore. So if the store account did not belong to you, you will have to purchase the items for your account. If the store account and Origin are not properly linked (as in the store account thesims3.com) is not linked to Origin but you own both accounts, you can have EA customer service merge the accounts and you shouldn't loose any items. Again your game needs to be version 1.69. When you download store items, these items need to be downloaded from a thesims3.com account that is associated with the Origin account. You can not use downloads that are pre Origin (copies from your old computer - they will not work). If you copied the store items from your old (pre Origin) game , you need to delete the items remove them from the download tab of the launcher and redownload them from the proper store account. To research what the issue is you will need to contact EA customer service and find out why something is not correct and see if it can be corrected. You can get the world that you can not redeem as it should be in the store account for your purchase history (it should be there so your can redownload the item in the future if need be. The only reason I can assume is that you are not looking in the store account purchase history that is associated with the Origin account you should have.

Message 6 of 6 (221 Views)