Sims 3 store content will not install

by weibie70

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 store content will not install

★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much Hekey1, i am sorry to mix up some words, but when i say "cloud" and i quote, i just exagerating about having to leave the manipulation of my game to a 3rd party program like Origin and in fact is frustraiting that since i played The Sims 3 since it´s realise, i had never had to asked another application to play the game, and of course, i now blame everything that is wrong with the game to that fact.

Anyway, i will read the post you suggest and keep finding a way in order to play my game for a long time...because what has been happening is that everytime something is wrong with the game, i have to unistall and install it again, and play the worlds from scratch again and it really gets old!.

I do play Sims 4 also, but i guess that at least after we encounter some juicy expansions for that game, i will put Sims 3 as my favorite!

Thanks a lot! i will be back! Angel

Message 41 of 59 (2,352 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@marroland67

That is disgusting that you have to play/launch Sims though a different program like Origin. 

I am very disappointed with Maxis for not fixing some ridiculous issues. But I won't rant right now!

Hope you get it working!

Message 42 of 59 (2,342 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you so much for posting this, I've spent several days trying to figure out why my stuff wouldn't install. Wish i would have thought to Google it sooner.
Message 43 of 59 (2,294 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@ClumsyGypsy1369

Glad I can help.

Have you got it working?

Keep me posted Standard smile

Thank god for Google, eh?

Message 44 of 59 (2,292 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did this, but it's still telling me I need to update my game for some items.  D=

Message 45 of 59 (2,211 Views)

Hero

Try redownloading those items again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 59 (2,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank u sooo much for this!! I'm not sure what happened to my game exactly but this fixed it!! I have actually done all those steps about deleting the caches and stuff but never did I only take out the sims cc files which are the .ebc files and so that's why my custom content from the store no matter how many times I installed it, it wouldn't show up in my game!! so thank u for this and to the other person who said the went back kept rereading till they got what it meant about taking out only .ebc files. without that I wouldn't have my game working!!!  what happened was I couldn't log into my game through origin due to not having internet for a few days so I read that to override that is to delete the first sims 3 that didn't use origin and then try all the deleting of caches and all that stuff and then ur game would work,.. well since I did that and deleted the base game something in my game messed up and I could not get any of my store content even the worlds to load in my game! it was majorly pissing me off lol they would show up in the launcher that they were installed multiple times cuz I kept trying to download them to get them to work and it never worked. so I always kept getting a seriouserror. for my monte vista game save. well doing this finally got it to work!! I'm so happy!!

Message 47 of 59 (2,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you thank you so so so much!

Message 48 of 59 (2,133 Views)

★★ Novice

help me

Message 49 of 59 (1,981 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@JKL6421

Sorry for the response time, I didn't have access to internet but I do now! I haven't been on this thread or dealing with related problems for a couple years, so I might not be able to help you, but have you tried looking up the error message in Google or updating the software like the error message suggests? Or maybe you're trying to install too much content? (Although that shouldn't be the problem, you never know with Sims!) If you think that could be the problem try installing a few items at a time and see if the error message pops up again. Have you tried quitting and re-opening the game? Or restarting/shutting down your computer? Let me know what you've already tried please and thank you. I know these suggestions may seem simple and perhaps you've already covered them all, but it can't hurt to try.

Keep me posted!

Message 50 of 59 (1,935 Views)