Re: Sims 3 store content disappeared

by BobLazarELE115

Original Post

Sims 3 store content disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

HI, Crinrict I really need your help. My sims store content from sims 3 stopped appearing in my game, I have tried everything now. I have followed your posts, this problem has taken hours of my time and I still can't play. Can you help please?

edited title to match subject.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 16 (1,306 Views)

@BobLazarELE115  I've split your post into its own thread in the Sims 3 section, since the other thread is about Sims 4.

Please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to create a clean folder, download one store item, install it, and see whether it appears in-game.  If it does, quit, restart your computer, and check again, just to make sure.  If it's still there, you can install the rest of your store content in small batches, no more than about six items at a time.  Worlds are large files and should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else

It's also a good idea to test the store content periodically to make sure it hasn't disappeared.  When you confirm that everything so far is installed properly, you can make a backup copy of that Sims 3 folder; if your store stuff disappears later, it's easy to trash the newest Sims 3 folder and restore the most recent backup.

If your store content disappears at any point, please tell me when it happens, and let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 16 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much, I got it to work by erasing all the files in the DCCache, however, I've done this before, and when I start playing again another day it doesn't work. I copied the Sims 3 file to my desktop, to understand it correctly. I'm backing the files to my desktop because they're the files that did work and if it doesn't work another day I restore them with the backup file that's on my desktop? Now I'm having another issue where I change households and it does not let me continue Disappointed I had never experienced this issue before. I'm starting to think maybe my files are corrupted or my computer can't handle all the files anymore? 

Message 3 of 16 (1,271 Views)

@BobLazarELE115  The reason to create a new Sims 3 folder is to remove not only the DCCache files, but also other files related to store content that may be getting in the way.  And when you have your store stuff installed correctly, you can save a copy of that Sims 3 folder, so you can use it to rebuild your content rather than starting from scratch again.

When your content stops loading, are the files still in DCCache, and have you just deleted any files in the Sims 3 folder?  There are a few reasons this kind of thing can happen.

For the issue with changing households, it could be your computer, or an overloaded save, or a corrupt household (more likely the one you're switching to, but not necessarily), or some combination.  While playing and just before trying to switch households, put the game in windowed mode, open the Task Manager, and see how much RAM Sims 3 is using.  Please list it in absolute values rather than percentages; you can right-click on the Memory header to change it.

Message 4 of 16 (1,264 Views)

★★★ Novice

Awesome got it, I just restart the game and the content is up and running Standard smile Hope it stays this way. Yes, I just deleted these: CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package. Got the instruction from this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Choose-Household-Start-Playing-now-won-t-work/td-p/859.... And yes when the content stops loading, the files are still in the DCCache. I just saw the RAM and it's using 825.2 MB up to 1386.2 MB. I'm about to switch households in a phew to see if it worked by deleting the cache files. 

Message 5 of 16 (1,257 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, me again. I had not opened the game/launcher in a week, and the installations dissapeared. They appear in boxes again instead of installed. 

Message 6 of 16 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BobLazarELE115  Do you have OneDrive enabled and syncing the contents of Documents with cloud storage?  Do you have a cleaner app that might be removing duplicate files?  It's also theoretically possible for an antivirus to mess with files in the Documents directory, although this would be an odd presentation.

Please also check whether you have Windows set to compress files in Documents, or any subfolder, to save disk space.

Message 7 of 16 (1,139 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm so sorry I never answered, I stopped playing for a while because it was making me very desperate. Also, I bought a new computer, but I had figured out a way for the store content to show up on the old computer, I had to open the game directly from origin. Now in this new one, everything is working fine I recently added mods and cc, something I had never used before. The only weird thing it's doing right now these 2 past days is crashing. I never had this issue, and I have Overwatch and Errortrap which reduced the loading game so much; back then it was taking 30-40 minutes. Now it takes less than 8 minutes. But I don't know if the crashing is normal Frown

Message 8 of 16 (1,010 Views)

@BobLazarELE115  Crashing can be expected under certain circumstances, for example if you're playing a large world that routinely runs up against the game's memory limit.  But the crashing could also be a sign of a real problem.  So please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know whether you're using an fps limiter when playing Sims 3.  If you have a fast enough graphics card, you'll need to use one to protect it from overworking when running the game.

Message 9 of 16 (988 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm guessing it might be my world, I've been playing it for 3 years (real time). The dxdiag is attached to this post. I saw somewhere I had to keep my fps at 60? 

Message 10 of 16 (950 Views)