Re: Sims 3 stopping suddenly

by FrostKitty34

Original Post

Sims 3 stopping suddenly

★★★ Novice
When I'm playing Sims 3, I am getting error messages that say " The Sims 3 have stopped suddenly. Would you like to close the window?" Now I'm on an Asus desk top computer that has tons of memory on my Asus desk top cause Asus desktops are designed to game on. I can rest assure you it's not the mods I downloaded and alot of people on the Sims 3 Facebook page have been complaining about how laggy Sims 3 Island Paradise. Such as sims will stop in the middle of a action but those green plumbobs are still spinning over their heads and I understand that there is a lot of lag issues due to the graphic UI traffic and I don't think turning down graphics will help the solution. Makes me wonder if Origin is trying to shut down the game play of Sims 3 so players can switch to Sims 4. Sorry but Sims IV is really dull and there are very little mods to put in the mod folder of the download folder. I can remember back playing Sims 1 and their expansion packs and they would freeze and lock up. SIMS 2 ( same scenario ) they would freeze and lock up. I just think that these simulation games get in a hurry and launch the game before it gets tested in beta mode. Blizzard always tests their WOW games before they launch the actual game, Arena. net always tests their beta games before launching their final product. I'm not ranting. I am just concerned on why these simulation games break or their serial code doesn't work for the right game. On the Sims 3 Spanish Facebook page, alot of Spanish simmers are complaining of the same issue with their Sims 3 or Sims 4 games. I've seen their complaints and they don't lie. If these Sims games continue to break, then Origin gets no support from me and I will stop buying their Sim products and maybe protest. Sad really Frown Nice going, Origin. You are making alot of Simmers very sad with your Sims 3 ( and expansion packs ) games. All they ever do is crash, freeze, stop working, lag/freeze. Maybe in the near future those games will get better.
Message 1 of 12 (1,128 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@FrostKitty34 Please post your computer's dxdiag - thank you. AsusTEK is a very good motherboard manufacturer. But I have seen some Asus desktop configurations that are baffling. They install a small ssd and the partition the data drive in a way I would never do UNLESS there is a reason to do so. I would need to see your computer configuration to see what their idea of a gaming system is.

Message 2 of 12 (1,099 Views)

★★★ Novice
I refuse to let you control my computer! It is not my Asus computer! Apparently this is all Origin's fault! If you do not believe what I say, then log on to your Facebook account, do a search for The Sims 3 in the little search bar you see, go to the Spanish one and there are tons of simmers ( pardon my language ) *ing about a lot of problems Sims 3 is causing! Why the hell must Origin make alot of gamers and simmers suffer and pulling out their hair aNd calling Origin everyday on why Sims 3 and 4 keep breaking! I can see Sims 3 being on the list of Recalls due to the UI not working properly or that it takes damn forever to log out while it's logged on to do a save/quit ! Why do you game developers make us gamers sit on our * and suffer, while pulling out our hair saying " Work you stupid piece of trash game I bought for $20.00?" Again need I to remind you Sims 3 ( and their expansion packs ) do not have all the bugs worked out! Shame , shame, we simmers know your name! I can see why there isn't a English Sims 3 Facebook page! It probably got hacked by the Spaniards and they turned it all into Spanish! A couple people and I have *ed on the Spanish Sims 3 FB page on how awful the UI game play is. All the rest of my games on my Asus work great ( so don't * about " I will need to see what operating system you have." ) if you are really brown nosing and being nosey, I have Windows 10 and it has tons if memory! So goodnight! Peace out! I hope your games work better in the near future for everyone that plays on a desk top ( God forbid not a laptop ). Again! Good night 😴😴😴😴😴💤💤💤💤💤😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴💤💤💤💤😴😴😴 ( I do not mean to be rude. I am baffled as well as why these * up Sims 3 ( and their older Sims games to Sim 4 ) can't Simply run on a Asus desktop x_x
Message 3 of 12 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Novice

can you please tell me where I can find the dxdiag

Message 4 of 12 (1,069 Views)

★★★ Novice

okay here is the NASTY error! THIS BS HAS GOT TO STOP

Message 5 of 12 (1,061 Views)

★★★ Novice

where on my computer is the dxdiag

Message 6 of 12 (1,056 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found the DIX whatever you said

Message 7 of 12 (1,055 Views)

★★★ Novice

here's more screen shots

Message 8 of 12 (1,048 Views)

★★★ Novice

again here's more screen shots! This has me very baffled on how the hell a ASUS with a lot of RAM can make Sims 3 do this "THe Sims 3 has stopped suddenly/ Would you like to close the window?" Again it's NOT THE MODS

Message 9 of 12 (1,047 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG screen shots didn't show up!?

Message 10 of 12 (1,046 Views)