Re: Sims 3 sims not aging

by blaqluv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 sims not aging

★★★ Newbie

My Sims (in the sims 3) are not aging I have enabled aging and reset the game multiple times turning the enabled aging on and off. I have tried moving households as well and nothing as helped. What can I do to fix the problem without uninstalling all the games and reinstalling all of the games?

Message 1 of 8 (19,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Pro

If the aging works on the new household you created then there must be a corrupted file with your other saved game. Here's some things you can do if you want to keep playing with that saved game.

• You can force the aging, while in the game, press the keys CTRL SHIFT C at the same time, type testingcheatsenabled true and hit enter. Select the sim that you want to age, click on them with your mouse while pressing SHIFT on your keyboard and select ''age transition''.
  • Move your household into the bin. You'll lose all relationships outside your household and jobs your sims currently have. Move them back, to the same town and house if you want to or into another town. After you do this, see if the aging problem continues.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (21,575 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

Is it happening with only one saved game or with all of them? If you create a new household do they age?

Message 2 of 8 (19,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not sure if it is happening with all of my saved games I only have one other, but the aging works on the new household I just made

Message 3 of 8 (19,344 Views)

★ Pro

If the aging works on the new household you created then there must be a corrupted file with your other saved game. Here's some things you can do if you want to keep playing with that saved game.

• You can force the aging, while in the game, press the keys CTRL SHIFT C at the same time, type testingcheatsenabled true and hit enter. Select the sim that you want to age, click on them with your mouse while pressing SHIFT on your keyboard and select ''age transition''.
  • Move your household into the bin. You'll lose all relationships outside your household and jobs your sims currently have. Move them back, to the same town and house if you want to or into another town. After you do this, see if the aging problem continues.
Message 4 of 8 (21,576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't think what you suggested is a fix, but more of a "temporary patch up". I have the same issue with my sims. The first time it happened, I played with that fam for a while, using the cheats for progression, then later switched to a totally different family. That family played fine for a good while, then all of a sudden, They stopped aging. I am currently playing with a family now that is doing that (they also stopped going to work after a while). I moved a young adult out to a new house, hoping that he would play right, but he's still not aging. EA needs to provide a real fix for this.

Message 5 of 8 (19,285 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

I have experienced in a game that none of my sims in the neighborhood aged. It's a bug in the expansion generations. What I did was uninstalling generations, start the game in the game you have problems with. Play a day int he game, or at least till you're past midnight in the game, and them save and close it. Install generations again and it should work.

Message 6 of 8 (17,845 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks so much for figuring this out.  This is a bug I have been struggling with for a long time.  Now I no longer have to delete my game and start over.  Your solution worked wonderfully.   Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (10,806 Views)

Community Manager
I'm glad the advise worked for you @rabite832g. Please give the post that helped some XP to let the poster know they helped. Standard smile

Closing this thread out here.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (10,541 Views)