Re: Sims 3 resort won’t go past 3 stars

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 resort won’t go past 3 stars

★★★ Novice

Hi, so I have 2 resorts, a 5 star and a constant 3 star. The 5 star is miles smaller and not as impressive as the 3 star. However, I can’t seem to improve the resort past 3 stars and so the profits aren’t good. So far I have this in the resort:

- fully upgraded resort tower with spa and customer service on

- all decor is maxed (no + signs appearing), that’s indoor and outdoor.

- 3 high quality maintenance

- all hours shifts everywhere

- 2 pool bars

- 1 bar

- high quality food stand

-  8 high quality variety buffets

- 2 hot tubs

- 5 gym equipment, of 3 different varieties

- a fire walking thing

- 2 wedding arches

- 1 slide, 2 diving boards and 2 waterfalls

so I have no idea why I can’t get past 3 stars. All my reviews have been positive 3 days in a row with no mention for improvement. I’m so lost, please help.

Message 1 of 2 (498 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@hollzcrystalz  Have you tried telling your sim to ask the guests how things are going?  I think you can just click on a sim that's staying at the resort.  That might give you more information.

However, it sounds like the resort rating might be stuck.  You could try selling and rebuying it, or even saving it to the bin, bulldozing the lot, and placing a new copy.  Between selling/bulldozing and buying/replacing, you'd want to quit to desktop and delete the cache files in your Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Try this on a spare copy of your save, in case you don't like the results.  If you use "save as" rather than "save" and rename the save, the old version will stay intact under its old name, and you'll be able to freely experiment on the new one without worrying about the consequences.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (485 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@hollzcrystalz  Have you tried telling your sim to ask the guests how things are going?  I think you can just click on a sim that's staying at the resort.  That might give you more information.

However, it sounds like the resort rating might be stuck.  You could try selling and rebuying it, or even saving it to the bin, bulldozing the lot, and placing a new copy.  Between selling/bulldozing and buying/replacing, you'd want to quit to desktop and delete the cache files in your Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Try this on a spare copy of your save, in case you don't like the results.  If you use "save as" rather than "save" and rename the save, the old version will stay intact under its old name, and you'll be able to freely experiment on the new one without worrying about the consequences.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (486 Views)