Re: Sims 3 refusing to recognise by Store buys inc. Barnacle Bay

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 refusing to recognise by Store buys inc. Barnacle Bay

★★★ Apprentice

I've bought Sims 3 from the start and wish to play it again and none of my bought worlds are down as being bought by me plus I have to download everything from the store over again and again. This must be because EA changed the way they used passwords some years ago and I had to choose another one. I've spent many hundreds of pounds on this game and want my buys to be recognised properly. I bought most of the store as it was brought out.

Message 1 of 4 (383 Views)

@mcwaverley4  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Please try downloading your store content into a clean user data folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a clean folder.  Login to store.thesims3.com in Firefox or Internet Explorer, open Store > My Store Account > Purchase History, and download one small item, like a hair or a piece of furniture.  Install it and see whether it shows up in-game.  If it does, please restart your computer and check again, just to make sure.

If this works, you can install the rest of your store content in the same way, in small batches of no more than about six items at a time.  (The launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.)  Worlds are large files and should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

If everything still works, you can copy your saves and other content, aside from the store stuff, from the old Sims 3 folder to the new one.  If you need help with this process, let me know.  Here's a complete list of everything in your user data folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (376 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't think it is anything to do with the usual stuff but due to the inability of Origin to link my old password and email with my new one, so that I can be recognised as the owner of them. I believe this is due to EA demanding everybody to get a new email and password several years ago when Origin was created. I joined when the first Sims 3 pages were created and my listed name on those was different. Both EA and my cable company had insecure names and passwords and I had to update both of them at the time before Origin.

I have Sims 3 listed on my Profile under the first email name I was given as well as Spore with different one but they are not linked to my new email and password. I believe that's the problem. I need codes to redeem those that I legally bought from the Store and do not have them because they have come out on CDs afterwards, which I don't have.

That's why I abhor Sims 3 and Origin and Sims 4 will be my last game bought from them.

Message 3 of 4 (350 Views)
Highlighted

@mcwaverley4  You're probably right that the issue is that your content is under two separate email addresses.  The only way to fix that would be to go through EA customer support, although your store content might not transfer to your new account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Sims 3 was created before Origin or most of the tools that EA uses to manage owned content, and some of its systems were never fully updated.  This kind of thing happens with older games and older DRMs, and while unfortunate, it often doesn't get fixed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (335 Views)