Re: Sims 3 really slow

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 really slow

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having hesitation and pausing in my Sims3. New characters. Was playing wth 4 expansion packs, now with 3 figuring that would help. It didn't. I've run a scan disk, optimize disk, clean disk, and nothing helps. It;s getting frustrating.Any suggestions?  I'm playing on Windows7, have 16GB of Ram, and 5GB computer (I don't recall what that's called).

Message 1 of 3 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]

@macavitycat1 I split your post into its own thread because the previous thread was quite old.

A bit more information would be very helpful.  Please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here.  This will cover a number of issues at once.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list which packs you're running (and which one you disabled).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (343 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@macavitycat1   First - Microsoft is ending support for Windows 7 January 14, 2020. That means no more updates and new equipment will probably not be supported. Your windows 7 activation code may still allow you to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. The first thing you need to check is the free space on the system device (CStandard smile. The sims 3 game uses the virtual storage on the system device and when Windows can not find enough free space on the system device applications (games) will run slow and may even crash.

Message 3 of 3 (299 Views)