Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 3 re-register exapnsion disks to new account

by Meekerino

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sims 3 re-register exapnsion disks to new account

★★★ Newbie

I suddenly decided that I wanted to revisit the Sims 3 today with all my expansion packs but I am running into an issue with the packs I have a physical copy for.

Originally when I bought the Sims 3 (when it came out) I was using a different EA account with an e-mail that no longer exists. I probably should have though it through when it was happening.  The issue is all my physical copies are linked to my old account which I can't access anymore.

I've spoken to someone in support before about merging my two accounts but they scared me off because they implied all the games I bought would be removed from my accounts... which kind of takes the point out of merging them. Is there a way to re-register the packs to my existing account and delete my old one? I tried logging in with my old account as well but it said the e-mail wasn't associated with any existing account.

Message 1 of 2 (209 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 re-register exapnsion disks to new account

@Meekerino  There is no way to remove your packs from an old account, sorry.  Merging should work though.  When accounts are merged, any in-game purchases and those bought with game-specific currency from the old account get removed, but games themselves remain.  For Sims 3, this means that any Sims 3 Store content you bought with the old account would disappear, but the packs should transfer fine.

There's always a chance that the support rep messes up the merge though, so get confirmation of what's happening before you agree to it and keep a copy of the chat transcript.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (190 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 re-register exapnsion disks to new account

@Meekerino  There is no way to remove your packs from an old account, sorry.  Merging should work though.  When accounts are merged, any in-game purchases and those bought with game-specific currency from the old account get removed, but games themselves remain.  For Sims 3, this means that any Sims 3 Store content you bought with the old account would disappear, but the packs should transfer fine.

There's always a chance that the support rep messes up the merge though, so get confirmation of what's happening before you agree to it and keep a copy of the chat transcript.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (191 Views)
Twitter Stream