Re: Sims 3 problem, can't see household, can't edit town

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict nothing seems to help 😭

Message 11 of 30 (662 Views)

@Meli_ZG  Do you have a third-party antivirus/firewall running?  If so, please disable it temporarily, at least long enough to test.

If that doesn't help, create a new admin user account on your computer.  Make sure its name contains only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc.  The game and Origin will already be accessible; all you have to do is launch it, create a save, quit, and reload to see whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 30 (637 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  tried what you said, did not work... Don't know what happen. I did the only thing left, I uninstalled it and installed it again, and it runs smoothly. I lost all my saved games, but at least now I can play normaly. Thank you for your help 😊

Message 13 of 30 (613 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict just an update, after I build my house and played for few hours, same sh*t happened... I guess it's not meant to be... 

Message 14 of 30 (592 Views)

@Meli_ZG  I'm still willing to try if you are.  I think the uninstall/reinstall worked temporarily for the same reason removing the game folder did: when you have no saves in that folder, the game loads fine.

To be thorough, run a couple of checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If that doesn't help, please try a clean boot.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

If that doesn't help either, please run another dxdiag, so I can see whether there are any new and interesting errors.

Message 15 of 30 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
Message 16 of 30 (558 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictfirst two didn`t work, here is dxdiag

Message 17 of 30 (549 Views)

@Meli_ZG  It still seems like a permissions issue.  When you made the new user account, did its username have any letters with accents, or other characters that English doesn't use?  Right now, Origin isn't handling certain characters well—I've seen examples from Croation as well as Polish, German, and Scandanavian languages.  Having a file path (This PC\Users\username\Documents...)  to your saves that includes a letter Origin or Sims 3 doesn't recognize could account for the issue you're describing.

This dxdiag also has a few errors related to a Windows language package, although no new ones since the first dxdiag.  I'm not sure what to do with those though, and if you're not seeing any issues on-screen, it might not be a real problem.

If that's not it, try disabling Origin in-game.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, then Origin in-game, and disable the setting.  Also try running both Origin and Sims 3 as an admin: right-click on the Origin shortcut and select "Run as administrator."  Once you're signed in, you can do the same for TS3.exe, which by default is located in:

Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Message 18 of 30 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict mz username on Origin is same as here
Message 19 of 30 (520 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I disabled the origin in game, run both as administrator and still nothing... my ingame save is called isla paradiso by default
Message 20 of 30 (511 Views)