Re: Sims 3 problem, can't see household, can't edit town

by Meli_ZG

Original Post

Sims 3 problem, can't see household, can't edit town

★★★★★ Novice

I have searched through internet, but I can't find the answer, please help. The game worked perfectly yesterday, but today when it loads and opens my house I can't see my sims, I can't change floors, when I go buy or build it takes me to a whole different house. And when I go edit town, my house is shown empty, i can't save it to library or buy it again with my family from library. I have all EP and SP, playing sims 3 for a long time and this is first time I'm having problems. Please help

Message 1 of 30 (2,559 Views)

@Meli_ZG  It sounds like your save corrupted, specifically that your sims aren't loading properly, and the game thinks their house is empty.  The only thing to do at this point is to revert to an earlier save.  Even if you never made one, the game keeps the files from the second-to-last time you saved.

Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and you'll see a folder labeled with your save name, and another with your save name plus a .backup extension.  So if your save is called SunsetValley, the current save folder will be SunsetValley.sims3, and there will also be a SunsetValley.sims3.backup.  Rename the save and delete the .backup extension (e.g. SunsetValley1.sims3), and that backup will be available to load from the Main Menu.

It's also a good idea to make a copy of this backup, in case you need it later.  Right-click on the folder and select Copy, then right-click wherever you want it to go and select Paste.

Before you load the game again, be sure to delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder, the same place you found the Saves folder.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, as they tend to clog up with stale data, and definitely delete them any time your game is having trouble.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Finally, it should be said that this type of save corruption is common when you've been playing the same save for a while.  Without mods to contain or (try to) repair the damage, your save might bork again before too long.  So you may want to start thinking about packing your sims up and placing them in a new save.  The best way to do this (without mods) is to save them to the in-game library, save their house separately if you want to keep it, quit to desktop, delete the cache files, load the game and start a new save, then place your sims in that save.  The in-game way of moving them to a new town can bring corruption along with it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 30 (2,532 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I tried doing what you suggested, it didn't work. I also tried to delete that my saved game from Sims and tried new one, I choose household, move them in lot, build house and when I click to play nothing, just that circle go on and on for like 20min then I force exit 😭

Message 3 of 30 (2,509 Views)

@Meli_ZG  Try moving your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Launch the game, which will create a clean folder with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and see how it plays.

Message 4 of 30 (2,497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict so far the last solution is working, thank you so much for your help 😊

Message 5 of 30 (2,460 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  it's me again, i played normaly, I saved and quit, and now when I open the game it's the same problem all over again 😭😭

Message 6 of 30 (2,439 Views)

@Meli_ZG  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list the packs you have installed.

Message 7 of 30 (2,433 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  here is a picture how does it look

Message 8 of 30 (2,429 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI have all expansion packs and stuff packs installed (The sims, world adventures, high end loft stuff, ambition, fast lane stuff, late night, outdoor living stuff, generation, town life stuff, pets, master suite stuff, showtime, katy perry sweet treat stuff, diesel stuff, supernatural, season, 70s 80s 90s stuff, university, island paradise, movie stuff, into the future)

Message 9 of 30 (2,417 Views)

@Meli_ZG  Do you happen to have OneDrive enabled and set to automatically sync Documents with cloud storage?  If so, or if you're not sure, please check and disable auto sync if necessary.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8...

If that doesn't help, or it isn't the issue, try playing while your computer isn't connected to the internet, as in, disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.  You can sign into Origin first, if you use it, put it in offline mode, then take your computer offline before launching the game.  Please test in another clean folder, just to be thorough.  But you don't need to spend much time playing—the question is whether you can reliably save, quit, and reload your existing save.

By the way, you have only a little free storage left on your hard drive.  At 19 GB free, it's not critical yet, but you may want to try to free up a few more GB.

Message 10 of 30 (2,408 Views)