Re: Sims 3 pets isn't showing in its launcher. Please help.

by Randbri

Original Post

Sims 3 pets isn't showing in its launcher. Please help.

★★★ Newbie

Sims 3 pets isn't showing in its launcher. I tried reinstalling it for a several times now but it won't help.

Message 1 of 5 (585 Views)

@gumshe0  Try clearing Origin's cache, and if that doesn't help, uninstalling Origin "the hard way" and reinstalling.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If these steps don't fix the problem, it's possible that your pack has been deactivated by EA.  This could be a mistake, but if you bought Pets from an unauthorized third-party seller, you may have received a bad code.  EA has been known to cancel such codes months or years after they were originally registered, even though the players affected usually had no idea that there was anything wrong.

The only way to find out if this is what happened to you, and to correct any possible mistake, is to contact EA customer support.  Be sure to ask specifically if the code for Pets is still valid.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (558 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same exact problem except with Island Paradise. I recently bought a new laptop and it worked perfectly fine on my old PC. Now, every time I download it from Origin it shows that it's installed but when I look at the expansion packs section on my launcher, it isn't there. I've done everything. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times, removed origin "the hard way" and reinstalled it, cleaned origin cache, even messed with DirectX to see if the problem came from there. On top of all that, since TS3 is considered a more "outdated" game I doubt EA will care to fix it, considering there's no longer even a TS3 help section under "contact us". Frown

Message 3 of 5 (538 Views)

@Randbri  It's not a question of fixing the game itself, rather the status of the pack in your account.  EA customer support can and should do this, either unblocking the pack or, if you have a bad code, removing it and freeing up the slot should you ever want to buy it again.  And there's definitely an entry for TS3 on my help page; in fact, there's one for almost every pack I own, although I don't have very many other games listed.  Or, you could search for "Sims 3"; this also worked when I tried it just now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (532 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried contacting them about the game and whenever I try it says there's no staff available to assist me and to try again later, probably because it's an outdated game. Rip

Message 5 of 5 (441 Views)