Re: Sims 3 pets i can't find my registration code in steam

by taywitdaprops

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 pets i can't find my registration code in steam

★★★ Novice

So I download a bundle of Sims 3 plus pets and after I got expansion packs I couldn't see my registration code . I can only see my expansion packs registration codes but I cannot find my pets code. I looked everywhere on Google and I tried everything but I can't find it can someone help me.

Message 1 of 39 (8,846 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@csyntichakis  I'm actually not sure whether the CD key will show up in your computer's registry, but please look there.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "regedit" without quotes.  Expand these folders, in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > WOW6432Node > Electronic Arts > Sims(Steam) > The Sims 3

Click on the "ergc" folder, and under "Data," you might see a 20-character code, which would be the CD key for the base game.  That's at least where the code would have been before Steam stopped showing the base game CD keys as well as keys for packs bought with the base game.

If this doesn't work, please let me know, and I'll flag this issue to see whether there's anything else you can do about it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 39 (8,823 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@csyntichakis  I'm actually not sure whether the CD key will show up in your computer's registry, but please look there.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "regedit" without quotes.  Expand these folders, in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > WOW6432Node > Electronic Arts > Sims(Steam) > The Sims 3

Click on the "ergc" folder, and under "Data," you might see a 20-character code, which would be the CD key for the base game.  That's at least where the code would have been before Steam stopped showing the base game CD keys as well as keys for packs bought with the base game.

If this doesn't work, please let me know, and I'll flag this issue to see whether there's anything else you can do about it.

Message 2 of 39 (8,824 Views)

★★★ Novice
oh my god it works thank you so much for your help♡
Message 3 of 39 (8,805 Views)

@csyntichakis  That's great to hear, and thanks for confirming it works.

Message 4 of 39 (8,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this but when i got the the electronic arts folder there is only “EA Core” and “EADM”. When i scroll down there is a sims > sims 3 but no folder for pets and in the sims 3 there is only “DLCs” and “InstallOptSelect” please help, you seem to know what you’re doing

Message 5 of 39 (8,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Turns out i needed to install it on steam in order to see the sims 3 (steam) folder but there is nothing under either sims 3 or sims 3 pets

Message 6 of 39 (8,678 Views)

@DrunkenDuck83  Right, the registry keys are only placed when you install a program.  Did you actually install Pets as well?  Could you please take a screenshot or two of the registry entries you're seeing?  I'd like to compare them to mine.  Don't include any actual product codes, but if the info doesn't have product codes, it would be useful to see the entries you do have.

Message 7 of 39 (8,648 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Omggggg THANK YOU SOO MUCH I HAVE BEEN CRYING BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WASTED MY MONEY!!
Message 8 of 39 (8,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did that and it showed this: %cdkey% 
Message 9 of 39 (7,448 Views)

@pcsandstormvader  This is a side effect of how EA and Steam decided to handle older games, and there's unfortunately no way to get a CD key from Steam.  However, you can ask for help from EA customer support.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you provide proof of purchase from Steam, an EA support rep may be able to add the game to your Origin library.

Message 10 of 39 (7,440 Views)