Sims 3 packs not downloading through Origin: Windows

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 University Life Won't Download

Champion

@Daynish990, I'm sorry you are having trouble Disappointed , but this is the Sims 4 forum. Oops  You will be more likely to find help in the Sims 3 forum.  Here is the link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 23 (1,112 Views)

Hero

Hi @Daynish990

I moved your post to the Sims 3 forum. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 23 (1,100 Views)

@Daynish990  I've moved your post into the thread specifically for this issue.  Unfortunately, there isn't currently a reliable fix, although you might want to try clearing Origin's cache.  It would be a huge help if you could read the initial post, click Me Too and provide a bit of information about your system.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 23 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fixed it. All I had to do was uninstall Origin and reinstall it as Administrator.

Message 14 of 23 (1,083 Views)

Cannot Download Sims 3 Expansion Packs

★ Novice

I have all of the expansion packs from the Sims 3. Due to a separate issue, I had to uninstall them from my computer, but when I went to reinstall them, I ran into a problem; I was able to download some of them, but for the others, when I click download, nothing happens. It won't let me download them at all. I have tried everything. When I had issues, I restarted origin. Then I restarted my computer. Then I cleared my origin cache as according to the instructions on this website, restarted my computer, and then reopened origin as the administrator and it still won't work. Please help!

Message 15 of 23 (1,059 Views)

Re: Cannot Download Sims 3 Expansion Packs

Community Manager

@lala233 Can you ensure that you are running Origin as an administrator and then try to redownload the expansions again, please?

Let me know how you get on.

/darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 23 (1,054 Views)

for some reason the sims 3 pets won't install...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yesterday I got the sims 3 and I also decided to register my sims 3 pets expansion pack however I couldn't downloadit for some reason I kept clicking download but noting happened. Is there a way to fix this?

Edit: So I think I've managed to fix the problem and the game installed however when I checked to see if it was actaully installed the "Download" button was still there for some reason.

I also decided to check if the pets expansion pack was on the sims 3 however it wasn't there I have no idea what happened.

(My computer is a windows 10.)

Message 17 of 23 (1,057 Views)

Re: for some reason the sims 3 pets won't install...

@DreamyPasteli  I've moved your post to the master thread about this issue.  If you could please try the suggestions in the first post and provide a bit of information about your computer, that would be very helpful.  (If you happen to be on a mac, there's another thread in the mac section for the issue, but you can just post back here and I'll move your posts for you.)  You might also try installing and running Origin as an admin, as mentioned in the post immediately above yours.

If these steps don't help you, there's not much else you can do right now, but hopefully EA will have a fix soon.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 23 (1,034 Views)

Re: Cannot Download Sims 3 Expansion Packs

★ Novice

I have tried that 3 times already and it didn’t work. 

Message 19 of 23 (1,028 Views)

Re: for some reason the sims 3 pets won't install...

★★★ Novice

So now I have managed to fix this problem by reinstalling origin! :D

Message 20 of 23 (1,008 Views)