Re: Sims 3 packages not working

by ohjosiek

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 packages not working

★ Apprentice

Hello! 

I'm actually new to playing the Sims 3 (I never got to play it as a kid) and I love CC. I have done everything you're supposed to when it comes to setting up the Mods folder in the FileExplorer and for the game, but my packages folder isn't working at all. I have followed every forum that has discussed how to fix this problem but nothing is working. I deleted the old folder I was using, downloaded the folder setup from MTS, cleared any and all Cache...And none of the packages show up in the game. I'm hoping that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it because I love the game and the saves that I have, I just want to make my sims look nicer and stuff. 

Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thank you!!

Message 1 of 5 (408 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ohjosiek  The Packages folder is in a folder called "S3 Mods 2," which is why the mods aren't being read.  The folder needs to be called Mods specifically (with the capital M), nothing else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (389 Views)

All Replies

@ohjosiek  Please open the Packages folder in a File Explorer window and take a screenshot, with the file path showing (above the list of files).  You can attach it to a post.  It's fine to blank out your username if it's showing anywhere, but leave everything else intact.

Message 2 of 5 (400 Views)

★ Apprentice

2020-09-15 (2)_LI.jpg

This is the folder...

Message 3 of 5 (398 Views)

@ohjosiek  The Packages folder is in a folder called "S3 Mods 2," which is why the mods aren't being read.  The folder needs to be called Mods specifically (with the capital M), nothing else.

Message 4 of 5 (390 Views)

★ Apprentice

OMG. I didn't realize that me changing the name of the Mods folder wo9uld make that big of a difference! Thank you so so much I appreciate it!!!!

Message 5 of 5 (387 Views)