Re: Sims 3 online community won't accept my serial number from the game!

by KeyKillas

Original Post

Sims 3 online community won't accept my serial number from the game!

★★ Novice

Hey! My name is Molly and I'm having trouble with the online community. It won't except my serial number from my game and when I type it in and hit the register button it pops up with a "Invalid serial code" thingy. I was wondering what that was all about. Plus i couldn't have been wrong since I tryed it multiple times.

Thank you!

-Molly O.o

Message 1 of 7 (3,784 Views)

Community Manager

When you purchase The Sims 3 or any of its Expansions or Stuff Packs through Origin, you no longer need to manually register your product through The Sims 3’s website. Just make sure that your Origin account details match the details of your Sims account, and Origin will register your products for you.

If you don't already have Sims 3 account, you can make one by going to http://www.thesims3.com 

Update: If you already have an Origin account and bought The Sims 3 or any of its Expansions or Stuff Packs through Origin, you do not need to create an account on the Sims 3 website. Just log in with your Origin account and you should be able to see your products on your "My Page" website.

Read more about how to register your games:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/387162

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 7 (3,738 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thats great and all, but I purchased the game and played it, it works great. But when I go to the sims site to access the exchange I log on under the same email and passwork to orign, it then brings me to the game registration page. If I try to fill it out the site tell me the serial number is incorrect, which is impossible. I have tried opening a seperate Sims account, along with trying all of my expansions serial numbers and tried in several brozer, restarting my computer, opening a closing the Sims, and swearing. Nothing works.

Message 3 of 7 (3,592 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had a similar issue. I recieved the game from the newest Humble Bundle. I also downloaded through Origin and have gone through the same issue.

1. My Origin account is my Sims 3 account, and it is also not allowing me to register my 4-block product key given by Origin/ what is reading in my Windows registary (regedit). It also forced to me create a Sims 3 account upon opening the game.

2. My Origin account is also not showing Sims 3 on my account as well, even though the client clearly has it on my account.

Does this have to do with the servers being bogged down from all the Humble Bundle purchasers trying to register their products?

Message 4 of 7 (3,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

*Try logging out of your account from the browser (thesims3.com site) and from Origin.  Then log back in to both.

I had the same issue, receiving an error msg when trying to register a game on theSims3.com.  I also tried registering this game using Origin's interface.

On "My Page" the icon was greyed out as well, further indicating it was not registered.

Having read that purchases via Origin will synchronize the key with my community account, I logged out and logged back in and now see that the game icon shows the colored icon, indicating the game is registered.

Message 5 of 7 (2,907 Views)

★★★ Novice
@OP-Ekonii I have the same problem to and I keep putting it in and just will not let me do it on the sims 3 store and I do not k ow what to do now and I really want to play the sims 3
Message 6 of 7 (1,080 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Annmarie2444   What is the exact message yolu get when you try to enter the code? Where did you purchase your game?

Message 7 of 7 (1,067 Views)