Re: Sims 3 on Steam Base Game Key not showing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 on Steam Base Game Key not showing

★★ Novice

Yesterday I bought Sims 3 and University bundle on steam, along with Generations and Late night. I was able to successfully register the 3 expansions and receive the rewards. However, the key for the base game wasn't there. I then found the key on Origin, but is said it was invalid. I googled the situation, and found out it's meant to auto sync. However, my account only says my packs are registered, and I cannot redeem my free 1000 Simpoints.

Message 1 of 5 (621 Views)

@Darsbot  This has been an issue since the exploit related to EA Play on Steam surfaced a few weeks ago.  The only workaround I know of is to contact Steam support and request your base game CD key, which you can then register in Origin or on the store site.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (602 Views)

★★ Novice

OK, thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (576 Views)

steam serial code

★★★ Newbie

(this my first time asking here, so here goes)

So, I'm playing on steam and want to download cc. I'm trying to register but need to enter the serial code but I can't find it at all. what do i do

Message 4 of 5 (556 Views)

Re: steam serial code

Hero
@genericname1045 The option to find your Origin game key on Steam seems to have been disabled after an exploit was found not so long ago.
You can try contacting Steam support and ask them to provide you a code that you can use to register your game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (549 Views)