Sims 3 on PC keeps restarting

by pinkgirlforyou

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 on PC keeps restarting

@pinkgirlforyou  I'm really sorry to hear that your computer isn't working.  It is, unfortunately, entirely possible that TS3 pushed it over the edge.  The game wouldn't have ruined a system that was otherwise in great working condition, but it could certainly make older hardware break down a bit sooner than it otherwise would have.  I hope you find a way to fix it, and soon.

As far as the dxdiag goes, I understand that not everyone has reliable internet service, or many options to get it.  I was thinking that if you could find a way to transfer the text of the dxdiag to your phone, you could paste it directly into several responses.  Normally, we hope that people don't do that, since the extremely long posts would make the thread difficult to read, but you could use spoilers (click the icon next to the bold/italic/underline/strike options above and to the left of the reply text field).  For example:

Spoiler
You don't see this unless you manually expand it.

The other alternative is for me to tell you exactly what I'm looking for, and you can transcribe the details here.  That could be a bit frustrating, but it's doable.

Of course, none of this is relevant until your computer is working again.  If you can find out the specs of your system now (maybe from your dad's IT guy), I could tell you whether your computer would even be able to support TS3 at all, once it's fixed.  But if that's not possible, don't worry about it.

Again, I'm sorry this whole process has been such a mess for you.  I really hope you have a working computer again soon.  Thanks for the update, and whenever you have more information, you know where to find me.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 11 (471 Views)