Re: Sims 3 on Origin isn't showing up on Sims 3 account.

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Sims 3 on Origin isn't showing up on Sims 3 account.

★ Novice

I downloaded The Sims 3 on Origin last night from Origin Access; so I should also have Late Night EP and High End Loft Stuff SP, yet neither the base game or the EP and SP are showing up in my TheSims3.com account despite installing, and thus I cannot download items from the store or the exchange. I tried registering them but I don't have a serial code, and the CD Key under Game Properties doesn't work either. Yet thats the only thing even resembling a code I have.
Please help?

Message 1 of 5 (456 Views)

@jazpersona   I asked about this, and the answer is that you should be able to use thesims3.com features, including the store, with a game obtained through Origin Access.  Your content should show up in your account just like it does for people who bought the standalone game.

Since it's not currently working for you, try clearing your browser caches, or using a different browser.  If that alone doesn't help, try opening the game at least once and logging into the launcher and Main Menu.  This should let the website know that you now own the game in Origin.  (Also, when troubleshooting the launcher, make sure to clear Internet Explorer's cache too.  Even if you never use it, the game does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.)

If none of this helps, please post back, and I'll forward your information to someone at EA who will hopefully be able to find out how this works, and why it might not be working for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (429 Views)

★ Novice
Hey, thank you for your reply but I still can't get them to show up on my account and I still can't buy anything in the store because of it. I'm completely baffled.
Message 3 of 5 (419 Views)

@jazpersona   I'm not sure what's going on either, but I'll follow up with an EA community manager  It might take a couple of days, depending on schedules, but I'll make sure you get an answer.  I'm sorry though that this isn't working in the meantime.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (405 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @jazpersona,

Sorry for the wait, thanks for trying what puzzlezaddict suggested, and thanks for trying to help puzzlez!

Before anything else, one last question - did you try clearing your browser cache after having opened the game? Did you have to log into thesims3.com after having opened the game?
I'm asking because you might need to log out of thesims3.com and log in again, after having logged in in-game for the game to show up on your thesims3.com profile.

If you already tried this and it didn't help, I would recommend contacting one of our advisers so they can take a look at your account. Ask them for your game code. Once you have your code, use this page to redeem it on your thesims3.com account: https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html

You can contact our advisers through EA Help: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Let us know if you have any questions, and welcome to the forums! Standard smile
-Mai
Message 5 of 5 (363 Views)