Re: Sims 3 on Mac with Parallels (windows)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 on Mac with Parallels (windows)

★★★ Newbie

I was told by a representative at EA that the Sims 3 doesn't work like it should on a mac. So I was wondering, if I install Windows via the Parallels software, and play my games on that, would the game work like it would if I were playing on a PC?

Message 1 of 4 (3,449 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello mizukitakahashi2,

Your game should work normally on your Mac if it meets the minimum system requirements (or better). If you want to play it through Windows, it is also possible. You will need a copy of Windows, and this can be installed through Mac's bootcamp: http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,606 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello mizukitakahashi2,

Your game should work normally on your Mac if it meets the minimum system requirements (or better). If you want to play it through Windows, it is also possible. You will need a copy of Windows, and this can be installed through Mac's bootcamp: http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 2 of 4 (3,607 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Asking this question again as this thread is 7 years old

Message 3 of 4 (1,745 Views)

@Jasmine8394  If you installed Windows via Bootcamp, Sims 3 would run just as it does on a typical Windows PC.  A number of us have done this over the years, with generally good results.  Of course, if your hardware is weak for the game in macOS, it will still be weak in Windows, but the problem won't be the operating system,

The game typically does not run as well in Parallels.  One reason is that both Windows and macOS run at the same time, so weaker hardware might not be able to effectively handle both OSs plus the game at the same time; this is less of an issue on the more high-end Macs.  The other issue is that the graphics card drivers installed by Parallels are not great, and there's no getting around it.  However, installing Parallels will require less space overall than a Bootcamp partition, since both OSs can share free storage.  So this is a better option for some people.

If you'd like help setting up a Windows install on your Mac, please start a new thread, as this one is quite old.  Please include the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Please also click the Storage tab on the About This Mac screen, and list your free storage.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (1,737 Views)