Re: Sims 3 on Mac cuts out constantly.

by rosidbon

Original Post

Sims 3 on Mac cuts out constantly.

★ Novice

Iv got a mac and its all up to date and thers plenty of space left on it i've had sims on this mac for 9months and all of a sudden about 5 minutes into the game the games cuts of, Iv cleared my cache etc but still doesnt work. The games freezez then a Promblem Report comes up with Problem details and System configurations with a transcript underneath it. I really dont want to have to uninstall all my sims then re-install them all. My sims is up to date and master suite is the last one I bought. 

Please can any one help??

Message 1 of 4 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

That's the only thing I like about macs. When something does go wrong there are only a handful of things it could be. Here's a list of steps for you to try. Try them one at a time and test the game in between them.

1. Reset SMC: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

2. Reset PRAM: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

3. Verify and repair disk permissions: Go > Utilities > Disk utility > Select your system hard disk and click Veryfy. Once that's done click repair. This will take a while to finish.

4. If you're still having problems all you can do is re-install.

Edit: DO NOT try to reset the SMC and the PRAM on the same startup. This has been known to wipe out your OS requiring you to re-install OSX.

Message 2 of 4 (368 Views)

★★★ Novice

"Edit: DO NOT try to reset the SMC and the PRAM on the same startup. This has been known to wipe out your OS requiring you to re-install OSX."

What!!!!

Are you seriously offering advice to someone to do something that might 'wipe out ' the OS?

Message 3 of 4 (362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just so long as you start the computer and shut it down normally between resetting the PRAM and resetting the SMC there should be no problem. You've just gotta be smart about it.

Message 4 of 4 (354 Views)