Re: Sims 3 not opening

by roo0601

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 not opening

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, Sims 3 is not opening through my sister's Origin installation on her computer. We had both started out using the discs, and I was taught step by step how to open it through Origin, and not worry about the disc, and I have been playing that way since, but my sister wanted it too. When I went through all the steps on her computer, pretty sure I had them correct, I was able to download and install the game plus its expansions, but when I tried to run the game it came up with an unknown error. I am not sure what is wrong and would really like to fix it so that my sister is able to play on her own computer and I can have my own computer back.

Message 1 of 5 (276 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I can try. (Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was on vacation)

I believe that my dad and I ended up deleting the memory of the Sims on her computer, and after a while, my dad found a saves file somewhere and was able to download all the games thru there. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (202 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@roo0601 what error message is she getting? 

Message 2 of 5 (239 Views)

★★ Novice
It was an unknown error, but we were able to fix it. Thank you so much for trying to help!!!! @SandArcher
Message 3 of 5 (234 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@roo0601 can you tell me how you fixed it? Standard smile 

Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)

★★ Novice

I can try. (Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was on vacation)

I believe that my dad and I ended up deleting the memory of the Sims on her computer, and after a while, my dad found a saves file somewhere and was able to download all the games thru there. 

Message 5 of 5 (203 Views)