Re: Sims 3 not loading from EA Desktop

by MWoiski5

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working

@imaniimani97  Did you specifically follow the instructions here?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/SIMS-3-GAME-WON-T-LAUNCH-WINDOWS-10/m-p/10711778#M2478...

Part of the process involves creating a folder where you can save the extracted files before running the installer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 141 of 431 (854 Views)

Re: Sims 3 not loading from EA Desktop

★★ Novice

Installing DirectX that solve the Problem

Message 142 of 431 (668 Views)

Re: sims 3 not launching

★★ Novice

You are a blessing really! Nothing was helping and I tried everything I could and was on the brink of giving up. Thank you so much I can’t express my gratitude! I love playing sims and you just about saved my life with this solution LOL thank you! 

Message 143 of 431 (1,031 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 won't launch

★ Novice

I have read multiple threads online tonight trying to get Sims 3 launcher to allow me to log in.  I have tried everything I have read in this post and more.  I created a ticket with EA tonight.  I've been messing with this for two days now.  I'm tired of uninstall and reinstall.  I am about to give up.

Message 144 of 431 (985 Views)

@sharebear2285  Are you saying the launcher opens fine but won't let you sign in?   You don't actually need to login for the game to work; just press the Play button.  The login is only relevant if you want to upload content to the Exchange.

If you do want to upload, try clearing the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If that doesn't help, try changing your password to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters.

Message 145 of 431 (935 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I tried that already. I have SIMS Store custom content. Can I still play without logging in with custom content?
Message 146 of 431 (925 Views)

Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Has the issue been solved for you after updating the client to its last version? 

-Groguet

Groguet.png
Message 147 of 431 (905 Views)

@sharebear2285  I have store content installed and never sign in at the launcher or Main Menu.  I've also tested custom content without signing in, and it's always loaded.  So yes, you can install whatever you want and it should show up in-game without the need to sign in.  If it's not doing so, you have a different issue.

Message 148 of 431 (883 Views)

Re: Sims 3 - Game won't load - Windows 10

★ Novice

This was the solution for me to!! Have a brand new acer pc, and have struggled for weeks to get the Sims 3 to load. It works like a charm now :D :D 

Message 149 of 431 (1,107 Views)

Re: Sims 3 - Game won't load - Windows 10

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Reinstalling the DirectX worked for me to!! After struggling for weeks, it now works like a charm! Thank you so much for all help!
Message 150 of 431 (1,107 Views)