Re: Sims 3 next sale?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 next sale?

★★ Novice

WHERE ARE MY CRAZY SIMS FANS? I am a crazy sims 3 fans and absolutely love the game but it sucks to see all the other games on sale but never sims 3. I have purchased almost all the sims 3 expansion packs and made it a mission to buy all of them. But since I am a student I need to prioritize my money towards schooling only. I would love for the sims 3 expansion packs to go on sale so that all the sim community can enjoy the wonderful gameplay in full effect

Message 1 of 16 (18,389 Views)

Accepted Solution

@itsdevinboi  Steam probably won't have a Sims 3 sale for a couple of months, but you could always make an account now and put the game on your wishlist—I think you'll get an email alert when it's on sale.  Once you buy the game, you login to Steam, go to your library, click on the Sims 3 entry, then the cog wheel (in the red box, below), then Manage, then CD Keys.  You'll see a 20-character code for each pack you've bought, and another one for the base game, if you ever want to register your second copy.

find Steam codes.png

To register the codes, open your Origin game library, click Add a Game in the upper right corner, then input each code.  Alternately, you can register the codes on the old Sims 3 store site (store.thesims3.com), which still works quite well.  Just make sure you're using the same account that has your Origin games.  You'll be able to tell because your existing packs will show in the left panel on your own page.  In either case, the packs should appear in your Origin game library; if they don't, clear Origin's cache and look again.

Please keep in mind that you can only access the Steam codes from a computer running Windows.  You don't have to have the game installed, just sign in and grab them.

By the way, I don't know what packs you already own, but there are occasionally bundles that bring the cost down even further.  I bought the base game, Pets, Seasons, and Generations together for $7.50 (normally $30), and I've seen a bundle with six stuff packs for something like $21.  If Steam itself doesn't show you the bundles, a google search ("Sims 3 bundle Steam" or similar) will turn up the direct links.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 16 (18,224 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert
@itsdevinboi Depending on where you live, you might be able to find some decent prices on Sims 3 EP's through authorized retailers.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/
Message 2 of 16 (18,298 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I understand your point of view. I have been using Origin to get all my games but unfortunately, Sims 3 is rarely on sale and just wanted to know when they will be on sale for sim players to have fun and enjoy all expansion packs without having to pay full price for a game that's been out for a while.

Message 3 of 16 (18,271 Views)

@itsdevinboi  EA never announces sales in advance, and Sims 3 expansion packs are only rarely on sale.  A better bet would be Steam, where packs are as low as $5 each during the usual mega sales.  You'd need to buy a second copy of the base game, also for $5, but you'd still save money overall—during Origin sales, expansions are usually $10, and stuff packs are still full price.  Steam provides codes for you to register in Origin just as if you'd bought a disc copy somewhere else.

Message 4 of 16 (18,259 Views)

★★ Novice

It sounded like you did work for ea. Thanks so much this helped a lot!!! So you think my next move should be make a stream account and buy it off there? Where do I get the codes? Can you explain the stream to origin transfer process? You are the best 👍🏽

Message 5 of 16 (18,237 Views)

@itsdevinboi  Steam probably won't have a Sims 3 sale for a couple of months, but you could always make an account now and put the game on your wishlist—I think you'll get an email alert when it's on sale.  Once you buy the game, you login to Steam, go to your library, click on the Sims 3 entry, then the cog wheel (in the red box, below), then Manage, then CD Keys.  You'll see a 20-character code for each pack you've bought, and another one for the base game, if you ever want to register your second copy.

find Steam codes.png

To register the codes, open your Origin game library, click Add a Game in the upper right corner, then input each code.  Alternately, you can register the codes on the old Sims 3 store site (store.thesims3.com), which still works quite well.  Just make sure you're using the same account that has your Origin games.  You'll be able to tell because your existing packs will show in the left panel on your own page.  In either case, the packs should appear in your Origin game library; if they don't, clear Origin's cache and look again.

Please keep in mind that you can only access the Steam codes from a computer running Windows.  You don't have to have the game installed, just sign in and grab them.

By the way, I don't know what packs you already own, but there are occasionally bundles that bring the cost down even further.  I bought the base game, Pets, Seasons, and Generations together for $7.50 (normally $30), and I've seen a bundle with six stuff packs for something like $21.  If Steam itself doesn't show you the bundles, a google search ("Sims 3 bundle Steam" or similar) will turn up the direct links.

Message 6 of 16 (18,225 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow 🤩 thanks !!!! Ok so I have the base game and a couple expansion packs on Origin. Would I need to buy the base game again on steam To add codes to Origin OR can I just buy expansions packs on steam and use CD codes to play it through Origin? 

Message 7 of 16 (18,208 Views)

@itsdevinboi  You'd need to buy the base game in Steam in order to buy any packs from Steam, but again, since it's only an extra $5 (or less if you get it in a bundle), you'd be saving money right away.  But you could then add your Steam codes to Origin and play through Origin; whether you added your Steam base game code would be up to you.

Message 8 of 16 (18,203 Views)

★★ Novice

ok, perfect because I don't think I would need to add the steam base game to origin if I only need the expansion packs!!! But thanks so much you are the best

Message 9 of 16 (18,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@itsdevinboi I don't think you need to buy the base game on steam. I'm looking at the page on steam right now and I still have the option to buy the expansion packs even though I haven't bought the base game on steam.
Message 10 of 16 (14,802 Views)