Sims 3 new graphics driver causing issues?

by lxuda4k3j8ac

Original Post

Sims 3 new graphics driver causing issues?

★ Novice

So recently i installed a new graphics driver thing (forgive me for my terrible tech language, i dont know too much on computers) i installed the AMD Radeon(TM) R4 20.8.3 driver since i wanted to try playing fortnite but it told me my installed driver was known to have issues. Ever since i installed the new driver, i've noticed some issues regarding my sims. Unless i'm RIGHT up against their face, they because all.. mushy? This is only an issue that started once i had the new driver installed, does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 2 (337 Views)

Re: Sims 3 new graphics driver causing issues?

@lxuda4k3j8ac  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and move options.ini to the desktop.  Then load the game and see how the sims look.  Don't change any graphics settings at all except for the resolution and fullscreen/windowed, at least not yet.

If the sims still look blurry, exit to the Main Menu, open the graphics settings, and turn Sim Detail up to one of the two highest settings.  Then quit to desktop before loading your save.

If this doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also post the first 40 or so lines of DeviceConfig.log, in the same Sims 3 folder.  (You can copy and paste directly into a reply rather than attaching the file.)  Stop when you get to the "Options" section; I don't need to see all that, just what comes before.  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but the file doesn't contain any other identifying information.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (296 Views)