Sims 3 mods not working

by Arthurdentist

Original Post

Sims 3 mods not working

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I can't seem to get mods to work. I have a custom install location- there's no Electronic Arts/origin folder. It's on a different directory on my SSD. All of the mod installations instructions say to put it in the Sims 3 folder, but my sims 3 folder doesn't look like theirs.

This is my Sims 3 folder

And this is the folder of someone on this site. I'm not sure why mine looks so different than everyone's I can find online. I tried putting the mods folder with the resource.cfg and Packages folder in the Sims 3 folder and the bin file that looks like this

Anyone know why my folders look so different and how I can possibly make mods work?

Message 1 of 2 (528 Views)

Re: Sims 3 mods not working

@Arthurdentist  We all actually have two Sims 3 folders, at least once the game has loaded for the first time.  One folder contains the game's program files, which is what you're looking at in your first screenshot.  The other folder contains user data—saves, saved households and builds, mods and custom content, etc.—and is always in Documents > Electronic Arts.  This second folder is where your mods need to go.

If you're not seeing an Electronic Arts folder inside Documents, please make sure you're looking in the correct location, in this case the version of Documents stored locally on your computer, not in OneDrive.  You can reach it through This PC > C > Users > your username > Documents.

Please also remove the Mods folder inside the game's program files.  It shouldn't be there and can only interfere.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (504 Views)