Re: Sims 3 - missing leg on every new game

by Alex_Zokas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 - missing leg on every new game

★★ Apprentice

Every time I create a Sim, the legs are missing when showering. What kind of cc caused this from the start of every save?

Is there a way to track this down? It's been going on for awhile, Ik I can fix it with nrass. But I have to do it every save. 

Message 1 of 5 (520 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Alex_Zokas  I can't think of a specific instance when non-CAS cc has caused this, and I don't know how it would be possible.  However, if you've downloaded worlds, bad cc could have come attached to one of them, potentially without you ever noticing.  The same goes for installed sims or households.

I still think trying the slightly different version of Method by Mell would help here.  If you want to do a quick test though, try playing with your entire DCCache folder removed.  The files in DCBackup might still cause problems, and of course this does nothing about cc installed in your Mods folder, but at least it'll narrow things down.

Every time you add or remove content from the Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, be sure to delete the five cache files as well:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (484 Views)

All Replies

@Alex_Zokas  It really could be anything, unfortunately.  I mean, it's more likely to be clothing, but it could be an accessory or hair, or even perhaps a custom skin.

If you want to test quickly, you can use the 50/50 method on any .package-based custom content, as in, the files in your Mods folder.  For Sims3Packs, you can try Method by Mell, described in this article:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

But instead of simply examing each .dbc file in the launcher, you'd load the game with that file present and find out whether the issue was still there.  Once you figured out which file was causing it, you could go from there, either uninstalling some of the items in that .dbc file or ditching the file altogether and rebuilding its content.

It's also a good idea to clear out everything in DCBackup except for ccmerged.package, which is necessary to make premium store content work.  The other files are only useful if you want to upload sims to the Exchange and have your cc stick to them, but it's of course more polite to upload without cc.  The reason this is important is that bad cc can lurk in these files too, and sometimes flushing them is the only way to get rid of the bad files entirely.

In the future, when you want to add new cc to your game, it's helpful to test in a clean user folder: move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a new folder, install the content there, and test.  If you notice an issue, you can trash the entire new Sims 3 folder, with no harm done; if everything is fine, you can put the old folder back and install the content there.

Message 2 of 5 (518 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yea, I deleted all the DC backup file except for that important last one.

Is the broken cc caused ONLY BY CAS related?

I don't have cc hair, accessories, clothings at all. So I was confuse what caused this. My cc is mainly objects and worlds. 

I have a default cc by BrntWaffle, I don't think that's the cause but perhaps I could try and remove that one.

Is it only cc btw? How about mods? 

Message 3 of 5 (512 Views)

@Alex_Zokas  I can't think of a specific instance when non-CAS cc has caused this, and I don't know how it would be possible.  However, if you've downloaded worlds, bad cc could have come attached to one of them, potentially without you ever noticing.  The same goes for installed sims or households.

I still think trying the slightly different version of Method by Mell would help here.  If you want to do a quick test though, try playing with your entire DCCache folder removed.  The files in DCBackup might still cause problems, and of course this does nothing about cc installed in your Mods folder, but at least it'll narrow things down.

Every time you add or remove content from the Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, be sure to delete the five cache files as well:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Message 4 of 5 (485 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I Remember people saying don't delete those files so I went for another look. It seems some are for cc and some are for store content. I just deleted missingdeps.idx and dcc.ent (cc only).

I still have my premium content installed and created a new game. My Sims no longer have missing legs. Thank you so much 😍♥️

Message 5 of 5 (468 Views)