Re: Sims 3 map icons/tags not appearing

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 map icons/tags not appearing

★★★ Newbie

I have a problem with my game,  i got sims 3 supernaturals recently, and since then i have been getting problems with the map. 

I play as usual, and then i go to 'map icon' and the blue and red icons are no longer there. this happen yesterday, the FIRST DAY of playing with supernaturals, and i saw on the sims 3 website on forums that i should move out the family and it will go back to normal. i did that, and lost the family's achievements and relationships, so not so great. It then happened again and i moved the family out with the computer, sp i didn't lose anything, but i had to build a brand new house. Then it has happened just now, but i'd rather not move the family out again. i've tried shutting the computer down, and going to 'edit town' then 'back to game' but nothing happens. 

the sims 3 game launcher and games are fully updated and patched. the sims 3 game launcher is version: 15.0.135.019001. the sims 3 game is version: 1.42.130.019002. i only have the sims 3 supernaturals as an EP, and it is version: 15.0.135.018001. i have riverview installed- the free town and i have the plants vs. zombies fan pack. i also have three items installed as CC from an external site. I have been playing on Moonlight Falls.

If a solution could please be found i would be really grateful, as it's ruining my game as i've tried to zoom in and out on the places in the town, but it's hard to find places and is extremely annoying. 

Thank you for your time. I'd really appreciate an answer. 

Message 1 of 24 (41,951 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had this problem starting today and found a solution that worked for me.  I have NRass Master Controller Mod installed (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController  ). I clicked on my sim and selected NRass>Master Controller>Housedhold>Reset Lot.  My sim's lot was then reset and the map icons reapeared. 

I don't know if this is going to be only a temporary fix but I figure if I have the problem again I can simply reset my lot again.  Sim's wishes, skills, and status were not effected incase this was a worry.  Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 11 of 24 (30,580 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Do you have any mods? And have you tried playing without the CC?

Message 2 of 24 (41,891 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have any mods no, and so do you think i should uninstall the CC and try to see if it works? the only problem with that is that other people have had the problem and remong the CC does nothing :l

Message 3 of 24 (41,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a fix for this, I am new to this 'answer hq' but I didn't see an answer. I too have no mods or cc installed.... How can this be resolved otherwise? Thanks

Message 4 of 24 (41,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, sorry, i still haven't gotten a reply, and it is really bugging me, but what i do is move my sims to snother house-anoyying, but at the moment it is the only solution

Message 5 of 24 (41,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I  have the same problem and found no anwsers has anyone came back to you with an anwser if so what was it?? Thanks let me know 

Message 6 of 24 (41,654 Views)

Hero

Did you try restarting the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (41,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. It only appears in one save of the game. I have tried clearing cache, turning map tags on and off. I don't have any mods installed but I have CC, which I have had installed for a long time and don't think it should cause the problem. (I am resisting form running the game without CC cause my sim is created used CC and it will be lost Frown( ) I am playing in Moonlight Falls. I have Supernaturals, Showtime, Seasons and Generations installed. The game is patched to the latest patch. 

Message 8 of 24 (41,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I believe it may have something to do with settings on the graphics card. They were all working fine until I attempted to reduce quality settings on mine. Since nobody seems to have answered this delimma, I suppose I will just try tweaking them back until it works again.

Edit: I do not have an explanation as to what exactly caused the map tags to vanish, but I do have a solution that worked for me. A mod called Master Controller developed by NRAAS Industries. I'm not sure if you will require any of the modules, however, I use the "Base-Mod", "Cheats", and "Integration" ones. Link: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

After you get it installed, goto your city hall and click it, then select NRAAS, then Master Controller, then Town, then Reset Everything. It takes a few minutes but it worked for me.

Message 9 of 24 (41,166 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 10 of 24 (41,159 Views)